2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2015 3:02 AM by jensd61971536

Premiere Elements Error 1

Aeecee

I just reinstalled Premiere Elements 10 on my Windows 7 laptop which I use all the time and never had any problems but recently I keep getting this message that pops up whenever I try to start the software that says error 1 and I have reinstalled the software and and restarted my computer again and again and nothing I keep getting this error 1 message.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Error 1
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If it's worked in the past but has suddenly stopped working:

1) Launch Premiere Elements while holding down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys on the left side of your keyboard to clear your preferences.

2) Go to Windows Update. Ensure the Microsoft Update option is selected. Manually download all updates, including the non-critical updates that don't install automatically.

3) Run Windows Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter. Ensure at least 15% of your hard drive is empty.

4) Ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple and go to the ATI or nVidia site and ensure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

5) Uninstall and reinstall Premiere Elements. Don't worry. You won't lose any work in progress.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Error 1
            jensd61971536

And what if I just installed it and it was never working?

I am using Windows 10 and Premiere Elements 11 and checked everything you mentioned.