1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 8:46 AM by robboerman

audio - toggle on/off multiple sounds even when they are not currently playing

resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I am wondering if there is a way to stop toggle all sounds even if they are not playing.

What I mean by that is I have several sound files that play one at a time when a slide comes in. I can toggle on/of the current sound but what if I want to toggle all sounds on/off in the compostion even if they are not playing so that when I go to next slide it will be on or off depending what was chosen on the previous slide?

One of the problem would be that I do not want all sounds to be turned back on at the same time but only the current one but I still want to be able to turn off all the sounds if the user decides he does not want to hear sound while at the same time I want the sounds to load automatically on each slide if he has decided to have sound.

Hope this makes sense.

• 1. Re: audio - toggle on/off multiple sounds even when they are not currently playing
          robboerman Level 4

didn't have the time to test this code yet.

but it should work.

Html5 audio can not be accessed by class, it can only be accessed by id.

so i made this code

$( "audio" ).each(function() {

var a = $(this).attr("id");

var audioPlayer = document.getElementById(a)

audioPlayer.pause();

audioPlayer.currentTime = 0;

});

this will find the id of the audios and pause them and reset the time to 0

( not really a way to officially stop audio )

or you van just mute it with this code

$( "audio" ).each(function() {

var a = $(this).attr("id");

var audioPlayer = document.getElementById(a)

audioPlayer.muted = true;

});

- Rob

1 person found this helpful