11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2014 8:20 AM by hatstead RSS

Photo Prints on Two Pages

nblazis

I'm using Photoshop Elements 11; I just tried to print a photo as 5 X 7 on letter size photo paper. Part of the photo goes over to another piece of paper. What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
          mytaxsite.co.uk MVP

It could be that you need to set the box that says: "Scale to fit media".  See this picture:

2014-03-28_1809.png

You get this window by clicking on "More Options" button.

Good luck.

• 2. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
            nblazis Community Member

I found that option; however, I only want a 5 X 7 print. When I clicked on the scale to media, it changed it to 8 X 10.194. Any other suggestions?

• 3. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
              nblazis Community Member

Okay, now I'm really stumped. I printed out the photo in draft, and it printed fine! It's only when I change the paper to photo glossy that it doesn't print correctly.

• 4. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                nealeh Community Member

So when you select photo glossy is the paper size being changed. 6 x 4 is a common default size for photo paper that might make it spread across two pages.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 5. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                  nblazis Community Member

I'm on a Mac, and I copied this photo from a newspaper clipping, so it is saved in Preview as a .tiff file. I have a new HP Officejet 8600 printer. I just printed the photo on plain paper not changing any settings, and it printed fine. I simply inserted a piece of photo paper in the paper tray without changing any settings, and the photo went to two pages with only a small portion of the photo on the photo paper and the rest on plain paper. I have a feeling I have to talk to the HP people about the problem.

• 6. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                    hatstead MVP

Do you have the latest drivers for your "New" HP printer? The installation disk in the box may not be up to date.

Check on the HP web site.

Another  question:  what happens when you print the same file from another application?

• 7. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                      nblazis Community Member

Yes-- I didn't use the installation disk in the box. I used the driver from the website. I have checked, and all printer software is up to date. The same thing happens from iPhoto.

• 8. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                        nealeh Community Member

I'd carefully examine all the printer driver settings, esecailly those relating to paper size, scaling and margins.

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 9. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                          nblazis Community Member

Thanks foro trying to help. After much troubleshooting, I now know that the problem is with the printer, not Photoshop Elements.

• 10. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                            nealeh Community Member

Glad to hear you pinned down the source of the problem.

Cheers,
                            --
                            Neale

• 11. Re: Photo Prints on Two Pages
                              hatstead MVP

You're welcome. Glad to help.