19 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2014 3:25 PM by perumaster

I can't access any of my InDesign files

Clarehud

Hi there,

This morning I turned on my work computer only to discover I couldn't access any of my Indesign, photoshop or illustrator files, despite the fact that some of the files were saved on both the computer and an external hard drive. There's now 100's of files I now can't access and I'm starting to freak out as my IT dept said they didn't know why.

The files would appear as white thumbnails and when I clicked on them the following message would appear:

Adobe Indesign may not support the file format, a plug-in that supports the file format may be missing, or the file may be open in another application.

I'd been using the same version of Indesign all along (CS4) so it's not as if I've recently updated and now can't open the files. I also tried opening the files up on another computer but no luck. This just seemed to happen overnight and no one has any answers. If anyone has experienced anything similar with so many files, I'd really appreciate your advice and I'd also like to understand the cause of the problem so something like this doesn't happen again.

Thank you in advance.

Clare