2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 12:21 PM by slaos

Indesign CS6 Object Style (Transparency) Script

slaos

I've been trying to find and/or make my own script for a simple function in InDesign with no luck. Basically I just want all placed images to have a transparency setting of 99%. That's it.

I know I can create an object style with this setting and could select all my graphic frames and apply the style, but it would be a lot easier if I had a script that just defaulted to the 99% transparency in every document I create.

Please & Thank you!

• 1. Re: Indesign CS6 Object Style (Transparency) Script
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@slaos – really ALL placed graphics? Also PDFs and Illsutrator files, EPS files as well? Together with PSDs, TIFs, JPEGs, PNGs and WMFs?

Then, and only then, run this ExtendScript code on an open document ( make a duplicate before, just in case! ):

var myDoc = app.documents[0];
          var myAllGraphicsArray = myDoc.allGraphics;

var myProperties = {
              blendMode : BlendMode.NORMAL,
              opacity : 99
              };

for(var n=0;n<myAllGraphicsArray.length;n++){
              try{
              myAllGraphicsArray[n].transparencySettings.blendingSettings.properties = myProperties;
              }catch(e){alert(e.message)};
              };

This would not affect the container frames, only the placed graphics inside the containers!

Uwe

• 2. Re: Indesign CS6 Object Style (Transparency) Script
            slaos Level 1

THANK YOU!!! It works perfectly

I know the request seems silly, but it has something to do with the printers we use and trapping whenever the designers apply any sort of effect (drop shadow or the like) to other elements in the document.

I'm sure there is a better solution, but for now all the designers have been instructed to place all images at 99% to work around the problem.

Again, thank you!!!