3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 2:24 PM by Josh_Corey

Text Viewing and Full text printing issues. HELP!!!!

DocRaleigh13

I created a form on formscentral and chose multiple lines (did not see anything that offered expanded view as an option). I need to see the full document on screen rather than scroll in little windows and it needs to print fully. HELP!!

• 1. Re: Text Viewing and Full text printing issues. HELP!!!!
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

One of the features in a Paid level subscription is the ability to "Download Response as PDF Form" which allows the form author (or co-author) to download a PDF version of the response, in this PDF any field who's content does not fit is expanded to fit the content so it can be viewed and printed.

Go to the View Responses tab, select a response and choose "Download Response as PDF Form" from the rows menu, or the File menu.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Text Viewing and Full text printing issues. HELP!!!!
            DocRaleigh13 Level 1

Sorry I need to be more clear. The idea of this document is that I created the form and now people are filling it out independently and emailing/printing for use in meetings etc. They are not submitting the form online.

This is an agency brief where for every project the team has, they'll fill it out and then print/handout during meetings and email to the agency digitally after the fact.

So back to the original question: How do I create:

1. a view so that on screen you can see the entire text area

2. have all the text content show upon printing

Thanks Josh

• 3. Re: Text Viewing and Full text printing issues. HELP!!!!
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

There isn't anything to specifically support what you are asking for.  Are you distributing the form as a PDF or web/HTML?

You can resize those multi-line text fields in the Design tab to make them large enough to accept a large block of text but have no guarantee a user won't still overflow the box.  In an HTML form the user can also resize the multi-line field in the to display all of the text.  In the PDF there isn't any way to have the field grow.

Printing from the web browser isn't something we support, you get what the browser displays, meaning you only get the current page printed as it is shown.

Printing from the PDF does not accomodate for these overlow text fields.

Thanks,

Josh