1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2007 1:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

fading movie out when it is finished

mb8276
      Hi Everyone,
      I would like to know if anyone knows how to fade a movie in a Flash file to fade out when it's finished playing? The movie is not embedded, because it's a movie trailer. The file size would be too large, so it's streamed from a server. That means, there is only one keyframe in the timeline that holds the movie. So far, I only have a stop on it, and in the timeline I have the bg going for one more frame. Once the trailer is finished, how do I make that keyframe fade out the movie and move to the next frame?
      I'm not that great with scripting, and I tried to see if I could do it, but the action scripting has changed so much.
      Please help!
      Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Re: fading movie out when it is finished
          Level 7
          This has been answered in the General Flash forum. :)

David Stiller
          Adobe Community Expert
          Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
          "Luck is the residue of good design."

"mb8276" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f3i0nd$iu2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi Everyone,
          > I would like to know if anyone knows how to fade a movie in a Flash file
          > to
          > fade out when it's finished playing? The movie is not embedded, because
          > it's a
          > movie trailer. The file size would be too large, so it's streamed from a
          > server. That means, there is only one keyframe in the timeline that holds
          > the
          > movie.
          > I'm not that great with scripting, and I tried to see if I could do it,
          > but
          > the action scripting has changed so much.
          > Please help!
          > Thank you in advance.
          >
          >