17 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 11:20 AM by Ken G. Rice

Lost connection, Cannot connect to server

stubby73

I was working in PS Touch and uploading files last night. This morning, I am not sure if there was an updat or not, I cannot connect to my Creative Cloud. I tried it on my iPad and also on my Android, niether works and I gat the same message.

I did notice I can log into another CC account with no problem, but not my working account. I have signed out and back in. I have uninstalled PST to make sure I hade the most recent software (Just in case) but nothing. I also have tried my work and home WIFI to eliminate the network.

Any suggestions???

• 1. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

can you please explain what you mean with "my working account"?  What kind of account is the other one?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
            stubby73 Level 1

I have 2 accounts for the creative cloud, that is all that was ment by the comment. I can log in on the web site with no problem. I also noticed that on my iPad when I try to open a file from the CC the software crashes, but works from my android.

Neither my android not my iPad will connect and sync automaticly from the CC.

Was there recently an update to the PST?

• 3. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
              ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

No PST was not updated recently however you might have started to use collaboration?

If you have a collaboration folder - please try to leave it to see if it helps. Please let me know how it went.

thanks,

Ignacio

• 4. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                cmarburger

I am also getting the same error message when trying to access files saved on creative cloud. Yesterday the app would crash when trying to sync was turned on, so I removed an reinstalled now today I am receiving the "lost connection cannot connect to server" error. I am using an iPad Air when I tap the creative cloud icon on the main screen of the app it shows that all file sync is complete, it's just when I try and add a file from the cloud I receive the error. 

• 5. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                  stubby73 Level 1

I made sure, but I have no folders set like that. I also noticed that alot of my files that were uploaded on the CC are now gone. (backed up, so not an issue)

My ipad will allow me to import a psdx file but no other type from the cc, it has the same error message. If i turn on the sync function it closes the program.

• 6. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                    ibarrien Adobe Employee

When you mention gone, where are they gone? In PS Touch or in the web interface or on your desktop?

Do you know when they disappeared?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 7. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                      stubby73 Level 1

Yes they are no longer on my web based CC. The folders are there but the contents are missing. This is the same issue with both my CC accounts. As I mentioned everything is backed up so no big loss. This issue started on Friday morning March 28th. I was uploading files and using PST on Thursday March 27th and everything was working and the files were as I needed them. Woke up friday and I started getting the Server error and the PST crashing on my Android and iPad.

• 8. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                        ibarrien Adobe Employee

Do you know if you can see the lost files in Archive in the web based CC?

thanks,

Ignacio

• 9. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                          stubby73 Level 1

No my Archive file is empty.

• 10. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                            DWMcKnny

I'm having the same issues with PS Touch.  Everything I've seen indicates that the Creative Cloud portal is rejecting the login request from the app.  When the app does not receive a message back from the server, it closes rather than attempting another login.  This is something that Adobe needs to fix.

In the meantime, here are some workarounds you can try.  To do this, you'll need another computer and web access to your Creative Cloud folder.

1.  First, delete and reinstall PS Touch, but DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SYNC FILES.

2.  In PS Touch, go to the Settings - My Account.  If your login name appears there, tap the Sign Out button.  This will prevent the app from attempting to log in and will allow the app to run.

3.  Go to the other computer and log into your CC account.  You'll be able to get to the individual files and download what you need in .psdx, .psd, .jpg, or .png format to the computer.

4.  From the computer, you can either email the file to your iPad or upload it to a OneDrive or DropBox account.

5.  On the iPad, you can either open the attachment in PS Touch, or access your OneDrive/Dropbox account and open the file into PS Touch.

6.  When you're finished with the file and want to export it, you can go to the Share function and export the file out to email, OneDrive, or Dropbox.  NOTE: .psdx files will not export to OneDrive.

I hope this will help until Adobe can either get it's act together or just admit that it wants to get rid of the Touch Apps.

• 11. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I know sometimes that trying to add an image into PS Touch from Creative Cloud goes kablooey, but that's remedied by simply going into PS Touch's options and ensuring that you're logged into your account. It's a long-standing bug.

• 12. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                                DWMcKnny Level 1

Logging in to my account is what causes the problem.  Attempting to sync files is what is causing the app to crash. The app is stable as long as I do not log in. This is more than a long standing "bug."  It's a server authentication issue.

I'm giving up on this forum thread. I have seen no helpful information here whatsoever.

• 13. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                                  cmarburger Level 1

I agree with DWMcKNny logging in to the account is no problem that works fine. It's when you turn sync on that the app constantly crashes. With sync off the app will not crash but you receive the lost connection error when trying to access files stored in the cloud.

• 14. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                                    stubby73 Level 1

Yep we are all having the same issue. Have you always had this issue or did it start recently also like mine did?

• 15. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                                      Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

I've tried turning CC sync on and off and have no issues. I don't have a lot of files on there though. Been a member since PS Touch was released. Had a free account but upgraded recently when Adobe had the Photoshop Photography Program offer going on.

Using a Google Nexus 7 2013 w/ Android 4.4.2. (KitKat). PS Touch v. 1.5.1.

• 16. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                                        stubby73 Level 1

I agree, I love the software and I have had it since it came out. I use this daily in my job and really find it useful training new franchisees.  I recently purched the CC suite also. THis is a new issue for me with this app. My android had the same issue with the connection.

Thanks for the info on you OS.

• 17. Re: Lost connection, Cannot connect to server
                                          Ken G. Rice Adobe Employee

@stubby73 - The Adobe ID you are using to post here in the forums with is only showing 1 file stored. You mention 2 Adobe IDs being used. Would you email me at kenrice@adobe.com with the Adobe ID that has the missing files you cannot see from the Files page at https"//creative.adobe.com/files.