Exit

is intel 4400 hd graphics enough?

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am intending to buy this laptop

Processor NameIntel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor 1.60 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.60 GHz*1

Pre-installed/Max4 GB (4 GB (PC3L-12800 SO-DIMM) x 1) DDR3L SDRAM (Max)*2
Memory Speed1600 MT/s

Graphics AcceleratorIntel® HD Graphics 4400

am I going to get a good performance if used premiere, after effect or photoshop? And notice I said good I do not need it to be rapid fast neither extreme slow.

Also, I already have 5145 1gb ati which was released in 2010 and I am having a pleasant performance, will I get more, same or less with intel 4400 hd graphics card?

Best

Adil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you edit is SD (Standard Definition) you will get slow-to-medium... if you try and edit HD you will get slow

Laptop Video Editing PC - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1369220?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better correct that to:

If all you edit is SD (Standard Definition) you will get slow-to-medium SLOW... if you try and edit HD you will get VERY, VERY AGONIZING slow

All you need is a better CPU, more memory and better disks (plural).

See Tweakers Page - What about Laptops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to Hardware forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest you get a laptop with Nvidia graphics for Premiere. The graphics would have little effect on AE. However since AE performance is CPU and ram that would not be a good config for AE. A quad mobile would still have some limitation in AE but be far better than that config. I would suggest atleast the 4700MQ and 16GB of ram.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines