8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2014 9:02 AM by A.T. Romano

Adding Transitions to Multiple Clips

Coloradokid

How do I put transitions on all the pictures in a group at once?

[Title edited for clarity - Hunt]

• 1. Re: Colradokid
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Select all clips on timeline and drag a transition between any two of the selected clips.

• 2. Re: Colradokid
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

-has links to the FAQ/TIPS pages

• 3. Re: Colradokid
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Coloradokid

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

In the absence of that information, I will give you the generalized how to for

How do I put transitions on all the pictures in a group at once?

Select all the photos in the group, go to Timeline Menu/Apply Default Transition. In doing that you applying the same transition for each.  In Premiere Elements, there is no random assortment of transitions that you can apply all at one time to the Timeline content.

Since the command you will be using is Apply Default Transition, then we might have to get into how to set the Default Transition if you do not know have to do that. Also, are you OK with how to select more than one photo at a time? If so, I will include that in the next post as well.

I have NEVER in any version of Premiere Elements seen what SG has told you

Select all clips on timeline and drag a transition between any two of the selected clips.

Perhaps he could elaborate more on that. Until further word from him, I do not believe what he wrote is

possible for what you said you want to do.

Please review, consider, and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Colradokid
                Coloradokid Level 1

Thanks for your help. I have Adobe Premier 12 and Windows 7...and I'm brand new at putting still picture and videos together for a DVD. I need help in figuring out how to select a group of still pictures.

• 5. Re: Colradokid
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Coloradokid

You can select a group of clips (all at one time)

a. With the mouse cursor draw a rectangle around the clips to select/highlight them.

Please see white rectange drawn with mouse cursor selecting 2 of 3 jpegs (can be more, this is just a quick demo)

Selection.jpg

b. Hold down on the Shift key of the computer main keyboard as you click each of the photos that you want selected/highlighted all at one time.

c. There is always Edit Menu/Select All, but that will do just that, and you probably want a select group and not all.

Please let us know if you are OK with the above information. If not, please let me know me how it is not working for you.

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Colradokid
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Meantime, if you're new to the program, you may want to check out my free 8 part Basic Training for Premiere Elements tutorials. They'll help you get started with the basics.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=30

• 7. Re: Colradokid
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

In addition to Steve's great Learning Series, this is a list of some of the learning resources for PrE: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/800455?tstart=0

Good luck, and happy editing.

Hunt

• 8. Re: Adding Transitions to Multiple Clips
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Coloradokid

Once you post the version of Premiere Elements that you are working with, we will be able to point you to resources specific to that version.

The principles tend to remain the same from version to version. But, features and feature locations tend to move, be changed, or discontinued from version to version. It is very frustrating to be armed with principles when you cannot find a feature.

If you are using Premiere Elements 11 and 12 and are focusing on transitions, the following information on Audio Transition Problem may be of interest.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/06/pe11-audio-transitions-problem.html

Other Premiere Elements topics can be found at that site.

Looking forward to learning of your progress.

Thanks.

ATR