16 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 10:42 AM by Noel Carboni

My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

USARUGBY1976

My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

• 1. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

I'm sure this makes perfect sense to you, and because you're posting in the Photoshop forum we might guess you're talking about Photoshop and your creative cloud subscription, but that's just a guess.

Please provide more detail, including what software you have, what OS, etc.  Ideally, go into Photoshop and copy the info from the Help - System Info and post it here.

-Noel

• 2. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I had 24 hours of this just last week.  Every time I tried to sign in to the CCC desktop Application manager, I'd get the above message.  There are two fixes.  This one worked for me:

If Windows, enable view hidden files and folders

Navigate to

C:\users\your user name\app data\local\adobe\OOBE

and delete opm.db

I don't know th epath for Mac users

The other fix, which I didn't need

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

• 3. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Had that problem the other day, Turned out to be a data base file gone bad, find and rename the file "opm.db" the try to log in. On windows mine was in "C:\Users\My User Id\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE" the id that fixes your problem ser the bad file to Jeff at Adobe.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6241088#6241088

• 4. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

That's an amazing coincidence JJ.  It sounds like this happened to both of us around the same time.  I had real trouble logging on to this forum or anything Adobe that day.  So much so, I wondered if they were undergoing a Denial of Service attack.  But I could see this forum, and that new posts were being added, so I assumed the issue was at my end. 

• 5. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
                  D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The whole CC licensing subsystem is a bug-ridden mess. The OOBE rename and the IMSLib Replacer just happen to work for some people some of the time, but it doesn't fix the problem. It'll be back.

Anyone who spends five minutes in the CC forum will see what a disaster area this is. I just took a quick look and the thread at the top of the page is...wait for it..."Adobe Creative Cloud immediately signs me out".

It's happened to me several times. Usually I can just sign back in, but just the other day we lost internet connection for a whole day at work, and I had three important deadlines that day...

I've discovered that connecting a certain USB external disk will trigger it every time. So I don't do that, and it stopped. Others have reported that changing network connection triggers it equally reliably. Could be coincidence, but one might begin to suspect that a slight change in hardware status sends the wrong signals.

• 6. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

twenty_one wrote:

I've discovered that connecting a certain USB external disk will trigger it every time. So I don't do that, and it stopped. Others have reported that changing network connection triggers it equally reliably. Could be coincidence, but one might begin to suspect that a slight change in hardware status sends the wrong signals.

I found the possible correlation with plugging, or unplugging, USB devices when I was looking for a solution when it happened to me.  It just so happened that that was the day I decided to try my Lazer Mamba on my desktop, so that went to the top of my list of possible causes.  But when you think about it, it is incredibly lame to blame USB devices for such problems.

As it happened, removing the Lazer mouse made no difference.

Incidentally, for anyone who suffers this and is using Windows 7, I took the cautious approach and tried to rename opm.db to opm.db.bak but Windows would not let me because the file was in use.  So I restarted the computer and tried again with the same result.  In the end I followed the instructions on the help page, and deleted the file, which Windows 'did' let me do.  That is one of those 'go figure' situations IMO

• 7. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

It can be renamed if you uncheck the CC app from startup, sign out and reboot. But it will get rebuilt (which is the whole point of course), so deleting is probably just as well.

The "USB connection" seems to hold up here, although the supposed fix (IMSLib) did nothing to stop it. But it makes sense, since the whole raison d'etre of a licensing system is to prevent use on different hardware. So tracking hardware changes has to be a core function.

What bothers me most is not the fact that it's happening. Bugs are inevitable, I accept that. What bugs me, however, is the steadfast refusal on Adobe's part to recognize officially that the problem even exists. With all the staff posting on the CC forum you'd think a simple "yes, we know, we're working on it" would be par for the course. Instead we get a steady succession of "fixes" delivered with a straight face, as if this was the first time they ever heard about it.

• 8. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

To be fair, the CC installation and update team must have a heck of a job on their hands.  Automating the installation and periodic updates for getting on for 30 different applications on two platforms.  But that is probably not the hard part.  I'm thinking just how many messed up operating systems and boot drives there are out there?  How many of the new CC bundle deal takers previously ran pirated versions of Adobe apps, or goodness know all the other compromised software that comes with half a dozen different malware, or outright nasty virus? 

How many messed up Windows Registries, which have been messed up some more with various cleaning tools that not only deleted vital introduced bits of the registry, but introduced more malware while doing so? No wonder Adobe made the Cleaning tools, but they can't work miracles.  Fortunately, the CC Desktop Application Manager team don't post here, so we can give them a hard time without feeling too bad about it.

• 9. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

Yes, normally I'd buy that. But most of the people hit by this have two conspicuous things in common: 1: There is an awful lot of them. 2: They seem to basically know their way around computers and have well-running, clean systems. This first happened to me on a morning dew-fresh and very lean Windows 7 pro installation; all I had in addition to CC was MS Office, MS security essentials and calibration software. Bare essentials.

It's not just the number of cases that has "bug" written all over it - it's also the nature of all those cases. There's just no way they all have rotten systems.

Remember the CS3 installers? That was so bad that John Nack later publicly called it "a huge embarrassment to us all". This looks very much like it. And this is an equally serious issue. What happens if you lose internet connection and get signed out? I read an article on Wikipedia the other day. It referred legal opinion held by some in the profession, to the effect that DRM itself might be seen as illegal because of this potential scenario.

• 10. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
                            Noel Carboni Level 8

I wonder if my strategy of disabling just about everything Adobe that is set to auto-run is saving me from much of this strife. 

-Noel

• 11. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

No what is saving you is you more then likely never start the Cloud Desktop application. If you never use it you never can have a problem with it. I do from time to time start the Creative Cloud Application to help others.    I also turn off most all Adobe autoruns stuff. I only let AAMudater run.  Your pondering is like asking why is it that  I always find something  I'm looking for in the last place I look. How can you have a problem with something the is never used. Is it even installed on you system.

Capture.jpg

• 12. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
                                Noel Carboni Level 8

Well, give me a little credit.  I DO use Photoshop regularly, anti it DOES check my subscription.

-Noel

• 13. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

Hopefully some day you'll get what you deserve and Photoshop will deliver it.

• 14. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
                                    Noel Carboni Level 8

Wow, what is it you think I "deserve", JJ?

-Noel

• 15. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?

That was written with no intent in mind I just wanted to give your creative imagination something to chew on. I like reading your post...

• 16. Re: My login keeps coming up "You've been signed out". What the.....?
                                        Noel Carboni Level 8

I thought perhaps that came out in a way that could be easily misinterpreted.  :)

It sure does seem that the tighter ship you run (technically speaking, re: your workstation) the fewer Adobe software problems you experience.

There's a reason for this, I think.

This is software that provides more capability and functionality than most, and it does so on two wildly different platforms.  It's web-integrated, it's GPU-integrated, it does its own memory management, and many operations involve many megabytes and even gigabytes and tax even the most powerful systems.   The complexity and power needed to do that comes at a cost.

Quite clearly, Photoshop demands more of it's supporting subsystems than most software.  Even fairly robust systems have problems uncovered by Photoshop. 

-Noel