10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 3:59 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?

portals19742014 Level 1

How do I save a premier elements 12 photoalbum (rather than just photos in an album) to an external hard drive?

• 1. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

portals19742014

Where are you...in the Elements Organizer 12 of Premiere Elements 12 and in Elements Organizer 12 Create/Photo Book?

Or, some place else?

If this is your situation, then enter the Advanced Mode of the opened Photo Book feature, go to File Menu/Save As and then decide

if you want to save your file directed to the external hard drive as

Photo Project Format (*PSE)

or

Acrobat PDF (*PDF, *PDP).

On the other hand, are you solely in Premiere Elements 12 and using the term photo album to mean slideshow?

Please clarify since this is the Premiere Elements Forum (video editing) and your question seems photo editing (Photoshop Elements) based.

However the Elements Organizer 12, if that is where you are, is common ground between Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12.

Looking forward to further information that will help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
            portals19742014 Level 1

Many thanks for your response.  I am in Premier Elements 12/organiser. A list of albums is visible on the left hand side.  I wish to save individual albums to external hard drive as  named albums but all I have achieved is saving the photos from the albums.  When I then replay the saved photos I cannot for instance set up a slide show for an individual album.  Does this help?

Geoff

• 3. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
              portals19742014 Level 1

Hello,

What I am trying to do, is get my Photo Albums exported onto a USB, so that I can select an Album to view on my Samsung Smart TV.

I am not sure how I do this within Premiere Elements 12.  I assume I could possibly do this by manually creating folders on the USB and dragging the photos into each folder, but I would like to be able to export the folder from within PE12.

Is it possible to create a slideshow or movie, or maybe something else, so that I can select a name from the Smart TV, and then run through the photos that are associated.

Thanks

Geoff

• 4. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

portals19742014

Thanks for the additional information. Please check out the following which is based on my understanding of what you described. If the following is not what you intended, then I will rethink the matter based on your follow up reply.

You have created a group of photos and placed them into an Elements Organizer 12 "Album".

Open the Album, select its photos

Go to File Menu/Export New Files

In the Export New Files dialog that opens, go with Use Original Format and Original Names

Browse to the save location (could be an external hard drive) where you have an empty folder prepared to accept the photos

Hit the Export buttonof the Export New Files dialog.

Does that work for you?

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                  portals19742014 Level 1

Many thanks for your continued interest.  I will try your suggestion shortly.  In the meantime I tried converting the album to a slideshow within EP12 and saving as a Windows Video File.  When copying to a usb individual albums could be played on my TV directly with no problem.  I will let you know how I get on with your suggestion.

Many thanks

Geoff

PS – it was my son you e-mailed my last message to you.  He works in the computer industry but is not familiar with EP12

• 6. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Geoff

Looking forward to your results.

Although I can suggest how to get photos and videos from the Elements Organizer to an external hard drive, even a USB Flash Drive, I am depending on you or your son to determine the player's specification as to what format it will play back and on what media - disc, memory card, or USB Flash Drive. My TV has a USB port but it will not play back photos or .wmv movie files on a USB Flash Drive on the TV via USB Flash Drive attachment.

But, if you have determined that your TV player does support playback of your format on USB Flash Drive, sounding good.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

And, we are glad for the opportunity to answer questions and clarify if needed.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 7. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                      portals19742014 Level 1

I tried your suggestion without much success – probably my lack of computer nouse!  The slideshow option is working well so my original question has been solved.  I really appreciate your interest and suggestions.  I am beginning to get a feel for the PE12 software now and am very pleased with it.  No doubt I will have other questions in future in which case I will use the forum or contact you directly.  Once again thanks for your guidance.

Geoff Young

• 8. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Geoff Young

Thanks for your update. Glad the slideshow option is working.

Please let me know if you want me to post a step by step on getting your Elements Organizer album into a folder on the computer hard drive. I will include graphics also. Please say the word, and I will get that posted by tomorrow morning or sooner.

I would be glad for the opportunity to do that so do not hesitate to say the word and it will be done.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                          portals19742014 Level 1

Many thanks for the offer which I will be pleased to accept.  Another problem I am getting which may be related is that photographs changed into a wmv slide show are less clear than the originals when viewed on the PC or TV.  Is there a way of overcoming this?  Sorry about the delay in replying but my computer crashed unexpectedly – all well now though.

Regards

Geoff

• 10. Re: How do I save premier elements12 photoalbum  to external hard drive?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Geoff

My suggestion for saving some Elements Organizer photos in a folder on the computer desktop.

1. Create an empty folder on your computer desktop by right clicking a clear space on the desktop and selecting New, followed by Folder

Desktop-Folder.jpg

Next to Elements Organizer 12, with the photos already with thumbnails there,

hold down the Shift key of the computer main keyboard and click one by one the photos (thumbnails)  that you want to use.

The photo wanted will now all be selected.

Then, with the photos selected, go to File Menu/Export As New Files to bring up the Export New Files dialog...

ExportFiles.JPG

In the Export New Files Dialog...

FILE TYPE..............dot the "Use Original Format"

SIZE and Quality.....will be grayed out.

LOCATION: Use the Browse to navigate to your desktop folder which we have named in this example as "Elements Organizer Photos", and select it so that the location appears in the Export New Files Dialog Location field.

FILENAMES...........dot "Original Names".

The Export New Files Dialog should look like the following just before you hit Export.

Ready.JPG

Now look for copies of your selected photos in the desktop folder named Elements Organizer Photos.

Please review and consider. It should work for you. If not, please let me know where it fails, and then I will find out where we are doing things differently.

Thanks.

ATR