6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2014 9:27 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes

stk97 Level 1

Whenever I export a video from premeiere elements 9, any scene in which I used a green screen key gets messed up and cut of at the bottom. I have a project due in a day. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stk97

Are you incorporating cropping into your green screen workflow?

Besides that, the usual drill

a. Are you working with the 9.0.1 Update version of the program?

b. What are the properties of your source media?

c. What project preset are you setting to match the properties of the source media?

d. What is your export choice and settings?

Answers will be in the details.

Looking forward to further details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes
            stk97 Level 1

I am incorporating cropping, but the parts that get cut off are within the region that I have not cropped out.

I did install the 9.01 update in hopes of it solving my problem.

All of my clips are 1440x1080 although some have jpegs layered behind them that i have adjusted to fill the screen.

As for project presets, I'm not quite sure. I'm have experience, but am not too much.

I've been trying to export as a quicktime file seeing as it's the best quality, but have tried almost every other option to see if it would make a difference (which it did not).

I appreciate your help tremendously.

Thank you,

stk97

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stk97

Thanks for the follow up information.

Before we advance on the cropping details and considerations, let us rule in or out the set up of the project as well as the export choices and settings as causes of the problems.

If you have video 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9, then the project preset should be (assuming NTSC setup)

NTSC

AVCHD

HD1080i30

Now, when you go to export your edited Timeline content, if we go for a H.264.mov export

Share/Computer/QuickTime with Presets = NTSC DV 16:9

Click on the Advanced Button there.

Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, set according to the screenshot for Video Tab....

PE9.JPG

Some of the export settings in the screenshot got cut off in the screen capture. The essential ones are the ones you see (for now).

The BItrate which is further down (not seen here) is left with no check mark before "Limit Data Rate To...". We will work on that later if file size becoms an issue. The main purpose of the above is to see if we can get a good video just with attention to project setup and export settings.

We will be watching for your results.

If any questions or need clarification on any of this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes
                stk97 Level 1

I have inserted the information you have given me and am currently just waiting for it to export. It seems as though I still have near 25 minutes left, but I will update as soon as it's finished.

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes
                  stk97 Level 1

It worked! Everything is perfect now! Thank you so much.

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 9 exporting cuts off certain scenes
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

stk97

Great news. We are so glad that the suggested workflow worked for you and that we did not have to seek the core of the issue in terms of cropping.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on Premiere Elements workflows. We are glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes

ATR