• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat cannot open the file attachment because your PDF file attachment settings do not allow......

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2014 Mar 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an email with an attachment that requires a password the open.  I can open the file but embedded in the attachment is another attachment.  When I double click attachment I get the following error message.  Acrobat cannot open the file attachment because your PDF file attachment settings do not allow this file type to be opened.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2014 Mar 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system?  Reader version?

What is the file type of these attachments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XI

File is PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader version 11.0.06

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to make a change to your registry; see http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/attachments.html

Basically you would need to add the .pdf with the permission 2.

Let us know if you need help with that.  Either way, make sure to create a System Restore Point before editing the registry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above should read: need to add or modify the .pdf file extension...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I drive my computer like my car...I dont known whats on the bonnet.  The computer has always opened the documents and I have gone to computer shops for something to down load to fix the problem but get the run around. Why cannot ADOBE provide an automatic fixer in their programs.  What can the dummies do to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines