3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 4:49 AM by Peter Spier

Difficulty getting rid of a tab

bfcreativenyc1 Level 1

Hi,

I want to get rid of a tab but I can't get the orange thing to go back. What do I need to do? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-03-30 at 7.56.39 PM.png

• 1. Re: Difficulty getting rid of a tab
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

That's not a tab, it's a left indent marker, so you need to reset the left indent on the style.

• 3. Re: Difficulty getting rid of a tab
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Open the style defintion dialog for the applied paragraph style and go to Indents and Spacing. You'll need to first reset the First Line Indent fro the negative value to 0, then set the left indent value to 0 (you have to do it in that order).

If this is being applied as a local override (the style definition already shows 0 for left indent), you can use Find/Change to find the paragraph style and replace withthe same style, which will remove ALL overrides for the style, or you can look for the indent values and change those (there's an indents and spacing section in find format and change format dialogs).

You should also verify that no indents are being applied when there is no active cursor insertion point, selected text or selected text frame. You can do that in the Paragraph panel or the Control panel if the text tool is selected.