5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2014 10:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 10 has stopped recording narrative.

Clearwater1950

I have used Premiere Elements 10 to make a number of home videos on my 2013 Dell XPS 8500.  Never had a problem.  This time I am unable to record/insert Narrative into the Narrative Track.  The program recognizes the mic (which I have always used).  I check the "enable" box.  The Record Voice Narrative  box recognizes the mic and the volume meter flashes indicating it is picking up sound....but when I hit the red record button and commence to narrate....nothing shows in the Narration track and nothing is recorded in the Media.  Is there a fix?   I can add a soundtrack and the Audio from the clips work as they should.  I can see nothing amis there.  

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped recording narrative.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Clearwater1950

I will think about this in the morning.

Please check to determine if any of the following applies to your situation at any time.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-narration-recording-stops-after-30.html

The narration is not going to turn up on the Narration track until you have hit Stop in the Narration dialog. Is that what you are

saying? At one point it sounded like you were expecting to see the narration clip in the Narration track while recording it was still in

progress.

What happens if you start a new project and create narration with the Narration Tool? Still the same narration issue?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped recording narrative.
            Clearwater1950 Level 1

Thanks for responding.  Nothing in the LINK you provided seemed to apply.  However, on your advice, I did open a new project, brought in a video clip and then successfully added Narration to the new project.  So...the glitch seems to be in the one project?  What I am going to try next....based on the issues noted in the LINK arrising from a relationship between audio and narration, is to delete all the Sound Track and try again?  Other than that I am at a loss to understand what has happened with this little video project over all others I have done.  

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped recording narrative.
              Clearwater1950 Level 1

No luck.  I made a copy of the project.  Removed all the Sound track (audio from Clips still in place) and tried on the Copy....nothng.  I have been through all the settings a number of times searching for something that is amiss....or....?  I set everything back to default where I had the choice.  So....I am thinking I just need to start over.  Unfortunately, this is a lengthy and dedious one with lots of video clip edits.  But that is how the ball bounces I guess.  //s Clearwater1950

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped recording narrative.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Cleanwater1950

Thanks for the reply and results.

Good news for the new project. The whys of the old may surface moving forward with the new.

Depending on how matters progress with your projects and the use of the program's Narration Tool, you may want to look at creating the narration in a free audio editor such as Audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

and then importing a .wav narration file from there into Premiere Elements (Add Media/Files and Folder/Project Assets and from there to the Timeline/one of its audio tracks.)

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 10 has stopped recording narrative.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Clearwater1950

Just had an idea. May or may not help, but...

What Premiere Elements 10 workspace have you been working in Timeline or Sceneline?

If you have been working in the Timeline view, switch to the Sceneline view and determine if you can create narration there.

Have you been there and done that?

A variation on this would be to delete narration in the Sceneline view and then see if you can create narration in the Timeline view.

Please do any of this with a copy of the original project.

Please let us know if above is great idea or major dud.

Thanks.

ATR