2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2014 9:47 PM by eossipov

I have many questions, I have called Support,  they refuse to forward or give me Tech Support See Be

eossipov Level 1

Hi,

I have many questions, and have had a very frustrating time to get in touch with the correct person.

• I have called support twice, both times even though it was a technical question about cloud, they refused to forward my calls and told me there is NO technicall support for Cloud and that I have to place my questions here in the forum.
      • I am CONTINUALLY told to change my password, 2 and 3 times a week.  I am a sysAdmin, my passwords are a MINIMUM of 13 Char/UP/Lower/Number/Special Combo, always have been. They work out to a 100% approval in any algorythm checker.   Yes, I was one of the persons who had their password stolen which has caused me a tad bit of inconvenience, but such is life.   Is This Normal? I have gone on twitter a few times to verify the emails, I have got them so often.
      • My "Cloud Sync" Hasn't worked since PhotoShop's Site Closed, I know this beause I stored my 20gigs of files, .ai,  and .eps, .psd eveything that I couldn't move to Revel (which btw, I never got a refund for having to purchase the revel account 20gigs, when photoshop was closed, which also was never refunded.) 
      • I actually wasn't too worried about the cloud issue because I only work at home, if I go somewhere else.. work's not going with me

Since about three weeks ago and currently I am having NOTHING but problems with cloud, The errors in my Event Log are NUMEROUS

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0. 7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.76 01.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

In xml form:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="SideBySide" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49409">80</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-03-28T08:07:04.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>2269809</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Celtic-Surfer</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7 601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.760 1.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

<Data />

</EventData>

</Event>

manifest for x86/64bit at both dll files compiled so I cannot review their content.

However it should be noted at this time, I did not invoke Dreamweaver, the Cloud did, and this is not the first time.

This particular error occured 5 times in 3 seconds.

Same two errors at 3:49pm on the 28th.

Today, I went and bought a new solid state drive. Brand New Fresh OS, Downloaded Cloud, CC, and of course The Edge Products, which I dearly love btw.       Everything seems to be working fine, EXCEPT,

1.) where did CS6 Products Go?

2.) Why after being a Faithful Product User/Cloud Supporter for the Last two years, after going through all the trials and tribulations with Adobe, am I being asked to renew my license for a "One Time Per Year Fee" which is MORE than my monthly amount? ( deal: 599.80; payments at 49.95 per month is 599.40 Go Figure? ) So, I'm being asked to pay the same amount, make it a single payment and get half the software, litterally.   Did I miss a paticularly important anouncement?

3.) EVERYONE OF MY IRREPLACABLE FILES IN MY CLOUD ALL MY AI FILES, are gone. Yesterday, it would seem My having the SYNC TURNED OFF was over-ridden by the system (Adobes) and they have upload 'garbage' files, and my original files, the caligraphy files are no longer there. My gorgeous image of a little boy with flowers is no longer there. I PAID ALMOST A GRAND for these files. Stored them on Adobe, because, well, you deal with images, so you're the best right, that's why I bought extra storage on photoshop.com, then was told I would have to move to revel, but not the ai, eps, or pdf and i don't remember about png's. files, so I moved everything to revel (purchased the extra storage there.) AND put everything on the cloud and turned off my file sync.  Not everyone is an idiot, maybe something is turned off, there's a reason for it, how dare someone override MY SETTINGS. They could have emailed, called, chat, google chat, irc, or snail mailed me, it's pretty easy to get my attention.

I could just cry.

lost my files,

asked to pay one time instead on monthy, and there's not even a discount and no additional incentive. Lost the ability to work without having to be connected to the internet, which will be delimited here very shortly since I'm on comcast.

and the worst, the very absolutely worst part is this is the SECOND time in a row now, I've had an issue with Adobe that has gone on for over a year while support TELLS ME A PAYING CUSTOMER, that 'gee, sorry, no support for cloud" , "No I can't forward you to a tech" (direct quote) and "The Only support for any cloud issues is the forum"

How can I handle this in the future, my nerves just can't take it anymore. Seriously, I'm just shaking now I'm so upset about this and I really hate writing something like this, or airing issues in public that really should be, imho, private.

• 1. Re: I have many questions, I have called Support,  they refuse to forward or give me Tech Support See Be
          Ken G. Rice Adobe Employee

Are the files (and folders) you are not seeing in your Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer in the Archive at https://creative.adobe.com/archive? I checked and you have about 5000 files in the Archive.

You should be able to select the items and Restore them.

get_archive.png

select_and_restore.png

And I realize there are other issues to resolve, but lets get your files recovered first.

• 2. Re: I have many questions, I have called Support,  they refuse to forward or give me Tech Support See Be
            eossipov Level 1

Hi Ken,

Wow, I've logged into adobe and never seen your response until now.

I need to make the forums more of a daily stop I guess.

Thank you for your response, When I go to the Archives, it states I have none. In addition, previously when I'd tried to move items to the archive, they just disappeared  

Currently my desktop is not connecting at all, Everytime I connect, it's states "We have now logged you out" and requests I login again.

I have of course rebooted,

Gone into taskmanager, killed all the relevant threads,  tried again to login through the desktop, no luck, I'll have to uninstall it, make sure the threads are killed, then reboot it and then reinstall it, but I've not had the time to do that.

On another note, and just as a point of reference, myself, personally, I hate these "cloud" file repositories (not to be confused with adobe cloud services which I love) but the file repositories themselves imho, are a blackhole of resource usage when one doesn't/isn't using them,

Is there a way we can use it more of a "ftp" sort of thing, when I want to I can  put files there?  There is no way to "Download" the repository, no way to download the folders.. only individual files and then it takes I think three different steps before the download starts.. I find this very inhibiting.  Just an fyi. for what it's worth.

Please, feel free to contact me,

I'm on g+ chat elaine.anacortes@gmail.com