14 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2014 2:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.

GeoffreyDji

Hello

since one week I have a problem with my Premiere Elements 11 in my imac, when I click open the program, it shows the screen where it downloads seetings, and when it should open the main page, it just disapear and nothing else happen.

I bought it last year, the 21/07/2013 and of couse I have invoice and Order ID number if you need.

I am thinking of rebuilding my imac, ( do a general clean up) but how can I install again Adobe Premiere Elements 11 ?

Thank you very much in advance for your support

Geo.

• 1. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
          GautamBahl Adobe Employee

Hi Geo,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

When you launch Premiere Elements, are you able to open organizer?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
            GeoffreyDji Level 1

Hi

Actually when I click it had the purple screen coming up, charging seetings, and when it finish doing that and the main page should appear, nothing happens.

I cannot do anything else

I tried even open it with one of my saved projects, I have quite a few, and it  does always the same thing now.

and its slow in that purple page.  I can do a picture tonight of that page if you want

Kind Regards

• 3. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
              GeoffreyDji Level 1

images.jpg That's a picture I took from the internet, its not the same programe but its just to give an idea,  so that's what i call puple screen, charging seetings...  and after doing it it comes to the main page.

Kind Regards

• 4. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That's the launch screen for the Creative Cloud version of Premiere Pro, Geoffrey. Not Premiere Elements.

Which program are you running? Premiere Pro CC or Premiere Elements?

• 5. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                  GeoffreyDji Level 1

That picture its just an exemple to explain that launch screen

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 11   and I have that kind of  Lauch screen coming up and it charge things and after when it should come up with the main page,. it just stop completely. ( gone from my screen) 

• 6. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Geo

Where did you purchase your Premiere Elements 11 Mac...from Adobe as an online download or as Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor or Quick Editor from the Mac App Store?

If you purchased it from Adobe as an online download, you should be able to go to http://www.adobe.com and Your Orders and download the installation files.

Alternatively, you can go to the following web site and download Premiere Elements 11 Mac and insert your purchased serial number during installation. In the case of this web site, you must read and follow the instructions carefully otherwise you will be hit with Access Denied message.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-11-direct-download-links-pse-premiere-pre.htm l

See "Note: Very Important Instructions".

If you purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor or Quick Editor from the Mac App Store, the above should not work with your purchased serial number.

Please let us know the outcome. Computer optimization sounds like a good initial troubleshooting step.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                      GeoffreyDji Level 1

I bought Both of them

Means  Adobe Premiere Elements 11 

and Adobe Premiere Elements Editor.

Both in Itune

Order Id : MH6T1J3KKD

And I asked them support and here attached  what I got yesterday as answer.

ss1.jpg

its in French and here translated -

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store. My name is Dimitri and I'll do my best to provide you all necessary help regarding the resolution of your problem.

Sorry to hear that you are unable to download a copy of " Adobe Premiere Elements 11" that you purchased, because it is not available anymore in the Mac app Store.

This app has been removed by the developer, for several reasons.

You can contact the developer of the application by e-mail or via their website, if you want to know why it does not offer this app.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements.html

We apologize for any inconviniences.

Apple takes very seriously the satisfaction of its costumers and it pains me to have to be  the bearer of bad news. 

As stated in the terms, Apple can not be held responsible for deleting an item that you have previously purschased in the app store.

if you require further assistance, please indicate in your reply.

You can answer me directly on this email.

On Behalf of the itunes Store Support team, I wish you a very pleasant day

regards

Dimitri.

So when I bought it, Ireceived a link to download the program with the key written on, and that email disapeared since, and now they told me that was an email that was actif only for a certain amount of hours.

So I have now ONLY  the email with the invoice and that's all.

And in my  itunes I have the app saying " installed"  and if I ask to re-instal it says simply, not possible

its a hell of a situation.

I bought that program, and i have also an acount with Adobe Cloud but they do not propose the Premeire elements

I will try tonight to instal with your link

And I have to say,  I really apreciate your help, and I am very thank full for your time.

• 8. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Geo

If your purchases are from the Mac App Store (or iTunes), I am concerned that your purchased serial number for that version 11 product will not work in the Adobe download of Premiere Elements 11 Mac via the web site that I mentioned. But, you can try it.

We are not Adobe here. We are just user to user.

I am not sure how far you will get by contacting Adobe via its Adobe Chat. You might try clicking on the following link

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

and, when it opens, click on the statement "Still Need Help? Contact us." to bring up Adobe Chat to discuss "Orders, Exchanges, or Refunds". I suspect that will end up will a suggestion to move up to Premiere Elements 12 Mac from them.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 9. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                          GeoffreyDji Level 1

I had itunes for support, they told me to go to Adobe Suport, I went to adobe suport and they told me to got to itune suport.

I need now from itune the serial number, and its the blackout now.

I understand that such thing can be borring, but for those that maybe buy apps in itunes ou mac store please don't do, because in case of problem, your are all by your self.

Its sad because you pay 100 euros for a programe for a few months and in case of trouble, just put it in the garbage and buy another one.

I share here such adventure just in case it happen to someone else.

Best Regards

• 10. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

GeorffreyDji

Thanks for the reply. Sorry that the news is not better.

At this point, I am not sure how much it is going to help but, if you want the serial number for your purchased product, have tried going online to http://www.adobe.com and accessing "My Accounts" and the "My Products". If you registered your product with Adobe, there might be a possibility that your purchased serial number will be recorded there.

From all that I have read Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac Store was highly problematic and has been discontinued.

ATR

• 11. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                              GeoffreyDji Level 1

I did check  but there is no informations about.

Itunes or app store install all automatically without giving you any details beside the invoice with no important info

No serial number no registration key.. nothing

Do clearly in case of problem  there is no solution beside buy the program again avoiding such sites as app store or itunes.

Its the only way to get at least support in case of problem

Envoyé depuis Yahoo Mail pour Android

• 12. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

GeoffreyDji

If you do decide to go with Premiere Elements 12 Mac (current version), please look at the free 30 day tryout from Adobe before purchase from anyone, including Adobe.

Whatever your video editor decision, best wishes moving forward.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                                  GeoffreyDji Level 1

I went again to Adobe Support chat, and of course the person ask to have access to my computer and of course went in and checked everything but did not find the problem, or he knows the problem and don't wanted to tell me.

But after hours looking around, I found out the problem

Apparently if you update your Imac to Mavericks, Adobe Premiere Elements 11 or 12, will not work.

and you have no support from anyone to help you.

Adobe or Apple they should find out what is going wrong and do an update or something.

I was loving working on Elements Premiere 11, and now I cannot neither with  the 11 or even with the new Premiere elements 12.

In some words, a program to forget and loose his money.

• 14. Re: Problem with Premiere Elements 11 in my Imac.
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

GeoffreyDji

The news continues to be not good.

Here is my thoughts. It is questionable whether you will ever be able to get Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor purchased from the Mac Store to work ever using Maverick or anything else Mac. Mac Store has discontinued the product.

However, from all reports, Premiere Elements 12 Mac purchased from Adobe does work on Maverick. Have you actually downloaded and installed the free tryout from Adobe or are you just projecting the outcome based on your bad experiences with Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from Mac Store?

Please let us know what is happening. I realize that there is a point where "enough is enough" but you may be close to success depending whether or not your have looked at the Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe on your Maverick computer.

ATR