4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 8:59 AM by Captiv8r

Importing outlines

heyzeuss

Is there any way to import a presentation outline, like the way you can in Powerpoint? It would save a lot of time. I tried getting into the xml, but that seemed rather hard. For example:

Slide title 1

• Bullet
      • Bullet
      • Bullet

Slide title 2

• Bullet
      • Bullet
      • Bullet
        • 1. Re: Importing outlines
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Captivate is an authoring tool in the first place, not something to create bulleted presentations.

Use object styles, theme, master slides, even a template with placeholders.

• 2. Re: Importing outlines
            heyzeuss Level 1

I'm sorry about the bullet points, because they are indeed offensive. I would edit the question, but I'll have to restate it here. I have every intention of taking your advice with object styles, themes, master slides, and templates. Adobe Captivate is a great tool for making interactive multimedia. My only objection is the word "authoring," because it sound like one of those made-up buzzwords that you can only say out loud while making air-quotes. What I meant was, how to I get text into the document without editing each slide individually, or how do I create slides by pasting in all of the slide titles at once?

• 3. Re: Importing outlines
              RodWard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Captivate doesn't currently offer any option to build an outline in another tool and then import it into Cp to create slides and objects on screen.  You have to do all of that within the Cp interface.  That's just the way it works.

• 4. Re: Importing outlines
                Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

One way you might come close would be to create a blank project with as many slides as you need. I'd likely create only one slide with a single Text Caption on it.

Then I'd duplicate that slide as many times as I needed. Then I would click File > Export > Project Captions and Closed Captions.

That should create a Word document. You could then edit that Word document to include the outline you want by replacing the caption text for each slide.

Then you could click File > Import and import the document back into Captivate.

Cheers... Rick