4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 31, 2014 6:37 PM by Trevor.Dennis RSS

Missing photoshop.exe

Jody Glover

I've updated to the latest version of Photoshop CC through the cloud and now I no longer have a shortcut to Photoshop.exe and no longer have a Photoshop.exe file on my machine. Anyone else experienceing this issue?

• 1. Re: Missing photoshop.exe
          Trevor.Dennis MVP

Hi Jody, and welcome to the forum

So you installed the CC Desktop Application manager, and from that installed Photoshop?

What operating system are you using?

If Windows, and you go Start > All Programs, and still don't see Photoshop, then I'm wondering if it installed OK?   You could open Control panel > Programs and features, and see if it is listed there.

If Mac, then I am not going to be of much help I am afraid.

• 2. Re: Missing photoshop.exe
            Jody Glover Community Member

Adobe support instructed me to run the Adobe Cleaner Tool, which uninstalled Photoshop. Then, through the cloud, I reinstalled Photoshop and now it is fine.

• 3. Re: Missing photoshop.exe
              Jody Glover Community Member

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for replying. That's correct. Photoshop wasn't listed. I had been using it prior to it going missing though. I am using Windows 7. I have a lot of the Adobe Cloud applications installed too (After Effects, SpeedGrade, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Bride, and Audition). I think it was after I installed SpeedGrade that I noticed that Photoshop was missing...not 100% sure though.

• 4. Re: Missing photoshop.exe
                Trevor.Dennis MVP

Sounds like it is all working now, so I wish you years of fun using it.