4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 8:21 AM by A.T. Romano

premiere 11 publish + SHARE

adamyaacov

TRIED FOR 2 WEEKS BUT TO AVAIL. took a video in 1o80/60p. wanted to burn in a DVD to be seen by all computer. I am at loss. and cannot do it. I need step by step help. I have a iMac Please help thanks Adam

• 1. Re: premiere 11 publish + SHARE
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adam

Premiere Elements 11 Mac

What do you want to do?

a. Create a DVD-VIDEO Widescreen format on DVD disc from your 1080p60

b. Create a file from your 1080p60 footage that you can save to the computer hard drive and later possibily burn to DVD datadisc?

If DVD-VIDEO Format on DVD disc is your end product...

1. Manually set the project preset to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

(See File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings. Do not leave that area without having a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting for This Project".)

2. Then back in the Premiere Elements 11 workspace, import your 1080p60 (presumed .mov or .mp4) into the project with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Timeline.

3 Edit, menus.....

4. Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and use the preset NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. What you are going to get is 720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

If you want AVCHD format on DVD disc

Set the project preset as above

Import your 1080p60 as above

Edit, Menus

Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD with preset H.264 1920 x 1080i NTSC Dolby for your burn to DVD disc. What you are going to get is 1920 x 1080 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

As you can see there is no choice for the above with a frame rate of 60 progressive frames per second.

If you want your 1080p60 as an edited file saved to the computer hard drive, same set up as above, but at export

Publish+Share

Computer

AVCHD

with Presets = MP4- H.264 1920 x 1080 p30

(Under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of that preset, you can change the frame rate to 60 instead of 30 progressive frames per second.

Please review and consider the above, and then let me know which ones you are interested in. I can fine tune the details as much as you request.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: premiere 11 publish + SHARE
            adamyaacov Level 1

HI ATR THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR REPLYING.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A STRAIGHT VIDEO DVD TO BE SEEN ON ALL COMPUTERS. NO MENUES NO EDITING AT ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE

ADAM

• 3. Re: premiere 11 publish + SHARE
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you had a look at my free 8 part Basic Training video tutorials? They're a good place to start with the basics.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=30

Beyond that, it's a little hard to give you step by step instructions for an entire production workflow in a forum post.

We can certainly direct you to step by step books and online tutorials, if you need general information and detailed instruction. Or, if you've got a specific question about a specific task, we'll certainly do our best to answer it.

But start with the Basic Training. And let us know if that helps you focus on a specific question you want to ask or if you need much more detailed instruction.

• 4. Re: premiere 11 publish + SHARE
                A.T. Romano Level 7

ADAM

Thank you for the reply. Let us begin with your 1080p60 to DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc.

As I wrote

If DVD-VIDEO Format on DVD disc is your end product...

1. Manually set the project preset to

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

(See File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings. Do not leave that area without having a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting for This Project".)

2. Then back in the Premiere Elements 11 workspace, import your 1080p60 (presumed .mov or .mp4) into the project with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag the file to the Timeline.

3 Edit, menus.....

4. Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc and use the preset NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD. What you are going to get is 720 x 480 16:9 @ 29.97 interlaced frames per second.

Note: When you get to the burn dialog, please note what the burn dialog quality area shows for Space Required and Bitrate just before you hit the Burn button of the burn dialog.

Do you have any problems following those step by step details or do I have to fine tune any of the steps further for you? If the fine tuning is requested, I will post some graphics to supplement the written description. There are always details for the details. But let us just get started and then refine what needs to be refined as we proceed.

Please make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements.

We will be watching for further developments. Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Thank you.

ATR

ATR