12 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2014 9:13 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start

moss7202

I've used this program on three previous projects on my HP with a Icore5 processor and have had no problems. Recently I have started a new wedding project and was having some problems with the media loading very slowly. I finally got tired of waiting on it to load and restarted the machine. After that the video editor will not start. I ran "malwarebytes" to get rid of the malware and spyware after I experienced the problem. I have tried to load it from the organizer too and have had no luck. when I click on the editor, the purple and black "loading" bar act as if the program is loading ,but eventually will just stop. Also if you suggest that I reload the software ,is there a way to retrieve the project that I started or do I have to start over. Please give me some suggestions as I am becoming very frustrated with this and at wits end!!! The organizer opens just fine. Thanks in advance for any help!!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
          GautamBahl Adobe Employee

Hi Moss7202,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Please rename or delete the SLcache and Slstore folder from the below locations.

For SLstore: C:\ProgramData\Adobe    (Program data is a hidden folder make sure you uncheck hidden folders)

For SLcache: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

Then try to launch video editor it will prompt you to enter the serial number and then your Adobe Id and password.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
            moss7202 Level 1

I'm no "computer whiz" by any means,so...I will need some help in locating the files that you have mentioned. If you would take me step by step through the process. thanks

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start

Hi Moss7202,

I have already provided the paths for these 2 folders above.

Thanks

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                A.T. Romano Level 7

moss7202

Answers are in details. And, I am suspecting there is a problem with the details here.

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 Editor running on?

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor is a product that was sold by the Mac App store. Could that be what you are using on a Mac computer?

If so, GautamBahl Windows directions to the files involved are not applicable to your Mac computer environment locations.

Please confirm yes or no for Mac here.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...The Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Editor from the Mac App store is highly problematic and has been discontinued by the Mac App Store so I am hoping you have Premiere Elements 11 Mac from Adobe and are talking about the Editor workspaces of that.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                  moss7202 Level 1

I am running Windows 7 on a Hewlitt Packard PC. It has an Intel Icore 5 processor and is a 64 bit system. Forgive my ignorance on being computer savvy, but I am a mere truck driver that dabbles in video editing. I greatly appreciate your patience and the help that I am recieving from you guys.

-Thanks

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

moss7202

One of my family lines is made up of truck drivers. There is no such thing as a mere truck driver.

If you want, I will try to help you find those files that GautamBahl suggested. I do not know if that is the answer. But we can rule it in or out as a factor in your issue so that you can move forward with your video editing project.

Windows 7 64 bit Computer

SLstore (disable or delete)

You are going to go to Computer and then follow the path...

Local Disk C Folder

Program Data Folder

Adobe Folder

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLstore folder that you delete or disable

(if you disable, then just change the file name from SLstore to SLstoreOLD...to rename, right click the folder, and rename in the field provided).

See Path in Header .....Computer  Local Disk (C:)  ProgramData  Adobe.....

SLstore.JPG

The line up on the right side of the screenshot represents what is in the Adobe Folder in the path. All you want is the SLstore Folder in that Adobe Folder. Right click it there for the renaming for disabling.

Window 7 64 bit

SLcache (disable or delete)

You are going to go to Computer and then follow the path...

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

and in the Adobe Folder is the SLcache Folder that you will delete or disable as described above.

See Path in Header....Computer  Local Disk (C:)  Program Files (x86)  Common Files  Adobe

SLcache.JPG

The line up on the right side of the screenshot represents what is in the path's Adobe Folder. You want the SLCache Folder in the Adobe Folder in the path shown in this second screenshot.

Now you may miss this if

a. you do not scroll down far enough in the folders

and

b. if you have not selected Show Hidden FIles, Folders, and Drives in Folder Options.

To set this...

Click computer's Start button

In Search field above Start Button, type in Folder Options

At the top of that left column that you are in, click on Folder Options that will appear there at the top of the column

In the Folder Options dialog, click on View Tab

Under View Tab, find the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives option and dot it.

We are looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start

Hi ATR,

Thank you for the detailed description with screenshots. The above mentioned

steps worked with a few other users wherein they were able to launch organizer

but not the video editor. It seemed to be an issue with the activation of Premiere

Elements.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

GautamBahl

I will be forever in your debt for what turned out to be a "Photoshop Elements 12 Editor" solution. That was not a misprint. I wrote Photoshop Elements 12 Editor. Me, being a Premiere Elements 12 person who does use Photoshop Elements as well.

Soon after I purchased and installed Photoshop Elements 12 back in October 2013, I could not get into the Photoshop Elements 12 Editor. I could access Elements Organizer 12 from this Photoshop Elements 12 install. Everything else on my Windows 7 64 bit computer (including Premiere Elements 12 and several versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements) was not affected. Since October 2013 until now April 2, 2014, the situation remained the same. I devised all sorts of routine and non routine schemes to resolve the issue. All unsuccessful.

This morning I decided to try your Premiere Elements Editor fix for my Photoshop Elements Editor situation. I was stunned - Success. Photoshop Elements Editor now opens after renaming SL Store Folder and SLCache Folders to SLStoreOLD and SLCacheOLD respectively. Are you at liberty to say what is behind this fix? I am grateful for "It works", but the troubleshooter in me wonders "why?"

So, moss, wishing the same success with your Premiere Elements Editor using the details described above.

Moss, thanks for asking the question. And, GautamBahl, thanks for the answer which was a Photoshop Elements 12 (for me) and hopefully a Premiere Elements 12 answer for moss7202.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start

Hi ATR,

Great news that it worked for you for Photoshop Elements. When i tried it on one of the

machines for an issue with Premiere Elements, i opened the task manager window while

opening the video editor and the application manager entry showed up for a second in the

task manager and then vanished, hence i tried to rename the SLcache and SLstore as it

contains the activation information. Hence it was a mere observation from my end i will

have to check with the engineering team for the root cause.

Thanks

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

GautamBahl

Many, many thanks for the great observation.

I will probably start applying it liberally to challenging program activation issues that come up

for the users moving forward. I will mention your name as the source.

ATR

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                              moss7202 Level 1

Thanks to you all for your great incite and information. After getting somewhat aggravated with trying different things to resolve this I finally gave up and decided to just delete and re-install the program. The first time that I removed the program it gave me the option to remove preferences or to keep them, so I opted to keep them. When I re-installed the program and had the same problem.(This all took place before you all responded so thoroughly.) I then decided to try to do it remove it again and NOT to keep my preferences. I didn't have time to try it that day as I had to leave for work. The next day I saw A.T. Ramono's excellent step by step procedures and I tried them.( I had not yet tried at this point to open The Video Editor). To my surprise there was no Slstore nor any SLcache file. I then tried to open the Video Editor and it opened!!!! I went to the auto-save files on my computer and found the file that I was working on  and VIOLA!!! I was back in business. Thanks everyone for your help.

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 11 editor won't start
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

moss7202

Great, great news of your success. Great job in sorting through the details and for in the stick-to-it-tiveness involved.

My episodes with Photoshop Elements Editor will not open and Premiere Elements Editor will not open also are now resolved.

GautamBahl's SLStore and SLCache renaming helped me resolve the Photoshop Elements one and Sandeeps's updating the Adobe Application Manager helped me resolve the Premiere Elements one.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/04/pe12-premiere-elements-12-editor-will.html

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Sign In Failure (Connect to Internet or Fix Computer Clock)

Great job by Adobe Help Staff Gautam and Sandeep.

The news of your "VIOLA" sounded so good. Continued success with your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR