4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 5:27 AM by Steve Grisetti

Sound is horrible after importing in Elements 11

rhena1@gmx.de

All my single scenes look and sound perfect.

After filling them in Elements 11 the sound is awful. Only knocking, scratching, interrupted. What goes wrong?

• 1. Re: Sound is horrible after importing in Elements 11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Not sure what you mean by "After filling them in".

What media player are you playing your finished movie on? Do you get the same result if you play the video in the VLC Player?

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

But what model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

Under the Edit menu in Premiere Elements, what Project Settings are listed?

If this is a Windows computer, have you manually gone to Windows Update, switched on Microsoft Updates and downloaded all of the updates, including non-critical updates that do not install automatically?

• 2. Re: Sound is horrible after importing in Elements 11
            rhena1@gmx.de Level 1

Not sure what you mean by "After filling them in".

Filling them into the software ‚Premiere Elements‘ – before loading them into it, every sequence can be played perfectly – after being in APE the sound does not work properly

What media player are you playing your finished movie on? Do you get the same result if you play the video in the VLC Player?

I do not finish the video because it sounds horrible and I simply do not know where to cut the scenes – I need to have perfect sound to work with APE!

I use Windows Media Player and Quick Time

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

But what model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

It is a Handycam ZOOM Q4 – a professional tool for musicians

The resolution – in comparison to the IPhone video / IPAD video –

Vergleich eigenschaften.jpg

Please tell me which settings I have to choose for working with the ZOOM Q4 Sequences and how do I do this!

• 3. Re: Sound is horrible after importing in Elements 11

I'm sorry, I can't help you without the information I'm asking for. I can't tell you what to do until I know what exactly we're dealing with.

Why do you not want to output your video from Premiere Elements and play it in the VLC Player? That's the only way we can know if the issue is a problem with the program or if it is going to also be a problem in your finished movie.

If this is a Windows computer, have you manually gone to Windows Update, switched on Microsoft Updates and downloaded all of the updates, including non-critical updates that do not install automatically?

Have you ensured that you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com, per the program's requirements?

• 4. Re: Sound is horrible after importing in Elements 11

Also, open the Audio Meters in Premiere Elements (in the program's Tools) and watch them as you play the video on your timeline. Make sure that the audio is peaking in the green and is not red or overmodulating -- which can also cause the horrible sound you're hearing.