2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 12:24 PM by drstir

CC logo vanished from top of Mac screen

drstir Level 1

I used to be able to update and install new CC programs using a small CC logo (looks like a link) at the top bar of the Mac screen. But it seems to have vanished.

My subscription is still valid. Does anyone know how I'd get this link back?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

----

Just noticed that it's moved to the top of my second screen. But is greyed out. And if I scroll over it I get the Mac spinning colour wheel.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: CC logo vanished from top of Mac screen
          Rajashree Bhattacharya Adobe Employee

HI destir,

Welcome to Adobe Forum,

You can try this :

Please rename OOBE to OOBEE.OLD Folder from the following location

location in Window C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

location in Mac: library>.application support>>Adobe>> OOBE

After renaming the OOBE folder please uninstall Adobe creative cloud from the cleaner tool and re-installed the product from from www.creative.adobe.com/apps

PS: Please uninstall Creative cloud connection if you see in Cleaner tool.

As the above discusson also mentions renamimg, Please disable the firewall of the system & network & then retry.

You can also refer this link for more input: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-cc-installation- download.html

Incase the error still persists, then the next best step would be to review your installation logs to determine the exact point of failure.

Please contact Adobe Support via http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6

Regards,

Rajshree

• 2. Re: CC logo vanished from top of Mac screen
            drstir Level 1

Many thanks, Rajshree

I followed your advice, and apart from a couple of glitches (see below), everything now seems to be ok.

1. I had to restart the Mac after renaming the OOBE file before it would uninstall CC.

2. I also wasn't sure what you meant by the 'Cleaner tool'. But I just uninstalled using the link in the CC app.

Regards

David