• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DATAGRID FOCUS ISSUE: Focus got lost, while moving from one cell to another cell using tab key.

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem: Focus got lost, while moving from one cell to another cell using tab key.

Example: In an AdvanceDataGrid, there are three columns having custom ItemRenderer with Spark TextInput control (editable=true & focusEnabled=true).

When I try to move the focus in with in 2nd, 3rd & 4th column using tab key, focus got lost. Most of the time it’s working, but some time it doesn’t work. There’s no clue as to how may rows/columns the focus has jumped to; or whether the focus has gone out of the data grid altogether.

Observations: I am not sure whether this problem is because of custom component implementation or it is because of some issue related to Flex Component.

• It only occurs when we perform some actions like some server call, some complex logic execution etc. at the focus out event of itemrenderer.
  • There is one property of datagrid i.e. editedItemPosition which contains row & column index of datagrid. On the focus out event, it gets null when focus got lost. We tried to set it, but it didn’t work.

Steps Performed:-

1. Currently focus is in 2nd column i.e. Apply to #.

2. Once I press tab key from 2nd column, it goes to 3rd column which is correct.

3. Now if I press tab key from 2nd column i.e. Payment #, focus should go to 3rd column, but it goes out of data grid and set the focus of button which is outside data grid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines