5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 4:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Prel 9 won't render unto me

Gileac

This is my fourth movie using Prel 9. I am unable to render the timeline work area. As an alternative, I simply burned the movie to both DVD and my hard drive. It is clear in watching both sources that the titles and still image effects are not being rendered. The movie video and audio are perfect. I am using Windows 7 and I also have Premiere Pro installed.

• 1. Re: Prel 9 won't render unto me
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gileac

Premiere Elements 9.0 on Windows 7, assumed 64 bit.

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" situation? And, is the problem confined to one particular project?

Drill question when "no rendering" reported

1. Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the entire content to be rendered by pressing the Enter key?

2. Maybe the first question - do you have a red line over the content that you are trying to render?

3. Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk - where you have the preview files directed and how much free hard drive space is at that location?

Please review and consider the above. Based on your answers we will decide what is next.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Prel 9 won't render unto me
            Gileac Level 1

Many thanks. I rendered two smaller movies before with the same setup and same computer. Yes, there is a red line across the whole work area. The scratch disk is the same hard disk as the media files and there's just short of 500 GB free.

• 3. Re: Prel 9 won't render unto me
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gileac

Thanks for the reply.

Let us try the solution for those questions that defy the whys, that is, deletion of the Premiere Elements Settings File. In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, the path to it is

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the whole path cited.

Did you say if this issue is confined to this one particular project?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 4. Re: Prel 9 won't render unto me
                Gileac Level 1

I looked into what you meant by the gray tabs and discovered they were atop one another. I do not recall paying them any mind before this, but when I got them to span the entire length of the movie timeline: Voila! It is now rendering the movie. Thanks for your help. Sorry to be such a doofus.

• 5. Re: Prel 9 won't render unto me
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gileac

Wonderful news. And, you did a great job sorting out the details and catching the core of what was happening.

Are you aware of the shortcut for setting those Work Area Bar gray tabs to span the area wanted...just in case...

Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the segment. Then as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, press the left bracket key [   Next move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the segment. Then as you hold down the Alt key of the computer main keyboard, press the right bracket key ]

Your follow up was much appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR