2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 5:59 AM by SignRUs2 RSS

Photoshop CS6 keyboard shortcuts in PSE 12

SignRUs2

Has the structure of the .kys file changed in CS6?  I used to be able to use the keyboard shortcuts from CS5 with my wife's laptop.  We recently went to CS6 on my desktop and PSE 12 on her laptop, and now the keyboard shortcuts that I try to copy from CS6 to PSE not only don't work, but are deleted by PSE as it exits.  I've put an old keyboard shortcuts.psp file that I had from CS5, and it works fine and doesn't get deleted.

If my conclusion that the shortcuts are different and incompatible is correct, is there any workaround?

I'm using Windows 7.  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 keyboard shortcuts in PSE 12
          R_Kelly Community Member

It looks like the shortcuts from cs6 won't work in pse 12 and they don't work in photoshop cs5 either, so adobe must have changed something.

Anyway, it's probably best to use the keyboard shortcuts from photoshop cs5, since pse 12 is mostly based on the photoshop cs5 code.

This the message one gets in photoshop cs5 when trying to load a keyboard shortcuts file saved out of photoshop cs6.

Untitled-1.png

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS6 keyboard shortcuts in PSE 12
            SignRUs2 Community Member

I thought so.  I have my shortcuts pretty well as I want them, and used my CS5 at work to export a "final" set, but not having CS5 on any computer outside of work makes it difficult to change something if I need to.  Thanks for trying that out!