4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 9:04 PM by A.T. Romano

Stock footage not importing correctly?

JRucker6

Hello,

I just started using Premiere Elements 11 and I'm having trouble importing some stock footage I downloaded.  Here is how it looks when I import it.

Capture.JPG

This is how it is supposed to look:

redsunset.JPG

If anyone could explain to me what is happening I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Stock footage not importing correctly?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What is inside the stock footage?

Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside for you to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: Stock footage not importing correctly?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

JRucker6

As they say, this looks like deja vu all over again.

1. Open Premiere Elements 11 to the Expert workspace

2. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and put a check mark next to "Show All Do Not Show Again Messages".

(Was the check mark there already or did you have to put it there?)

3. Close out of there and go back to the Expert workspace where you import your file with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project

Assets from where you drag your file to the Timeline. Any distorted image yet in the Edit area monitor.

4. Do you get a Smart Fix pop up at this point? If so, put a check mark next to "Do Not Show Again" message and click No to the message.

Any distorted image yet in the Edit area monitor.

I am expecting No answer to 3 and 4 above.

I will explain after you post your results.

I do not believe that the usual drill applies here, examples below. But let us see.

What computer operating system are you running your Premiere Elements 11?

What are the properties of this stock footage that you are trying to import into Premiere Elements 11

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

And, based on these properties what are you or the program setting for the project preset (project settings)?

(If you do not know, please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio.)

Any easy way to get at all that information is for you to name the brand/model/settings of the camera which recorded this video.

On the computer side of things

a. What video card/graphici card does your computer use? And does the computer use more than 1 card.

(If you do not know, please see Device Manager/Display Adapter/ and what is listed under Display Adapter.)

Have you assured that your video card/graphic card driver(s) are up to date according to the manufacturer of the video card/graphic card.

b. Are you working from a single or dual monitor setup?

c. Do you use any Windows High Contrast Themes?

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Looks similar?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6237081#6237081

• 3. Re: Stock footage not importing correctly?
              JRucker6 Level 1

Thank you for the responses.  The issue has been resolved.

• 4. Re: Stock footage not importing correctly?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

JRucker66

Was it that Smart Fix?

Whatever the case, great news "The issue has been resolved." Great job.

Thanks for looking at the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR