• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Able to record live streaming video on AMS (all editions)

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have live streaming feed in (Custom RTMP) to AMS 5.0.3 (I am testing in starter edition).  

If AMS will be able to record live streaming into hard disk and also what formats could be selected?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes AMS can record live streams on disk...Please see ams help docs/guides for details...Itis exlained in detail over there...Also you can record in number for formats mp4, flv e.t.c..Again please check help docs for details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all editions including starter edition could record live stream video feed from another source? I am testing on starter edition so if this May limit on 10 minutes?

Please let me know which docs should have mentioned the formats and how to configure on this?

從我的 iPhone 傳送

hparmar <forums_noreply@adobe.com> 於 2014年4月2日 19:46 寫道:

Re: Able to record live streaming video on AMS (all editions)

created by hparmar in Adobe Media Server - View the full discussion

Yes AMS can record live streams on disk...Please see ams help docs/guides for details...Itis exlained in detail over there...Also you can record in number for formats mp4, flv e.t.c..Again please check help docs for details

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6263983#6263983

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Media Server at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/ssaslr/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a11afc95e-7e42SSASLR....

The formats are f4v and flv..see record function of stream class.

Additionally if you want to record in other formats, you will have to write code for the corresponding file plugins and drop the binaries in the modules folder of AMS installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hparmar,

I am not programming expert so dont know how to use this Server-side ActionScript Lanuage as stream.record() during live-streaming from RTMP.

I just have RTMP signal feed into AMS and then use videoplayer.html to view this back.    How to implement with this ActionScript?

I am still testing in Starter Edition.   From http://forums.adobe.com/message/3934425, it had mentioned that 10 minutes for recording?

Which edition (standard and professional) will allow recording of live streaming?

Best Regards,
Ivan Tsui

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a folder inside application folder(the folder name becomes application name) and create a file called main.asc inside it...And write the following content in main.asc file...And it will do basic record for you..Please find related sources in help manuals...Server side action script is pretty elementary and explained in detail in help docs..Thankyou Bye.

var MAX_RECORDERS=20;

var RecorderCount=0;

application.onAppStart = function()

{

trace("Application name: " + application.name);

trace("Server: " + application.server);

application.s = new Array();

}

application.onPublish = function(clientObj, streamObj)

{

++RecorderCount;

if(RecorderCount > MAX_RECORDERS)

return;

trace("recording started...");

var strName = "recorded_" + streamObj.name;

var s = Stream.get(strName);

if (s == undefined )

return;

s.onStatus = function(info)

{

trace(info.code);

}

if (!s.record("record"))

{

s.trace("record failed.");

}

s.play(streamObj.name, -1, -1, true);

application.s[streamObj.name] = s;

}

application.onUnpublish = function(clientObj, streamObj)

{

--RecorderCount;

var s = application.s[streamObj.name];

if (s && s!= undefined)

{

s.record(false);

s.play(false);

s.flush();

Stream.destroy(s);

application.s[streamObj.name] = null;

}

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had created a folder as testrec under applications.

When started to feed RTMP video signal inside, I could see that a file as 'recorded_livestream.flv' was created in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Server 5\applications\testrec\streams\_definst_, but the size was still as 946 bytes.   Only update the file timestamp  when I stop feeding and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines