6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 7:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound

lingling1234

after uploading the clip to edit into premiere elements 12 the video clip is slow, it doesnt match with the sound which is on point, when played back the video is choppy and skips a few clips, how to fix this please? this makes me reconsider actually buying this program, this does not happen with windows movie maker.

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resoloution is it? What software did you use to get the video from your camcorder to your computer?

When you are in Expert view, do you see a yellow orange line along the top of the timeline, above the clips you've added to the timeline? This is an indication of a mismatch between your project settings and video specs, which means that the program is not operating at its most efficient.

Also, it might be helpful to know your operating system, processor and how much RAM you have.

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound
            lingling1234 Level 1

I am not good with the specs.

the camera i use is Nikon COOLPIX P520 i record in HD 1080*/30p, when connecting the camera to the computer it usually pops up and i drag the video from the camera file into my computer desktop, it is a MOV file (.MOV) with frame width:1920 height:1080

i am running on windows 8

processor: AMD Dual-Core C70

RAM: 4GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

i see two yellow lines one above the video and another above audio in the timeline.

thanks for helping me out, i really like imovie but already have a laptop so i dont want to purchase a macbook just for the use of imovie and windows movie maker doesnt have much in terms of editing its simple and basic which is why i am on the hunt for a good video editor program

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound

The program is not recognizing the specs of your video and is not auto-setting your project specs to match your video. This happens sometimes with MOV video.

What happens if you attach your camera to your computer via USB and then use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From Flip or Camera tool to get the video from the camera to your computer? Often if you do this, the program will recognize the video format and will properly set up your project. (When your project is properly set up, you will NOT see yellow orange lines above your video in Expert view when you add it to your timeline.)

If this doesn't work, you can try setting up a project manually.

Start a new project and, on the New Project screen, click Settings and select the Project Settings for a DSLR/1080p/DSLR 1080p30. Then start your project and add your video to it.

Although you have a pretty low-power laptop with minimal RAM, when your project is properly set up to match your video, you'll be able to edit with your computer barely working up a sweat.

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound
                lingling1234 Level 1

i tried as you suggested connecting and importing file into it through adding clips from camera tool, did not work it was still choppy and hard to edit, i also changed the set up it still didnt work. Still unsure how to go about fixing this, glad they have a trial before i went and bought this program, i still do not want to purchase a mac book, do you know of any other great video editor program?

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound

Oh, you didn't say this was the trial version! That makes a difference, because of number of the components for working with some video types are not included with the trial.

However, it's up to you, based on your experience, if you want to take the risk that the fully licensed version of the program will solve you performance issues or not.

Otherwise, you may want to look into a product like CyberLink PowerDirector, which offers a fully operational free trial. It's my second choice for a video editing program -- though it does have a number of advantages over Premiere Elements, including a much easier project set-up.

• 6. Re: Adobe premiere elements 12 video is slow and does not match sound
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

lingling1234

Could you please review the following and determine if you have been there and done the following.

At the onset, have you assure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premeire Elements 12?

If you go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks, where do you have the categories directed and how much free hard drive space is there?

Assuring project is set so that project preset (project settings) match properties of source media....

Open Premiere Elements 12 to its Expert workspace.

Go to File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

In the Change Settings area, change the project preset to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p@ 29.97

Before you exit that area (in the last dialog that you see - new project dialog), make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project".

Back in the Expert workspace,

a. If you attach your camera to the computer with USB, the select Add Media/Videos from Flip or Camera/Video Importer.

In the Video Importer Source: locate your camera. Set the Save In:, put a check mark next to the videos you want imported, select the choice Add to Timeline, then hit Get Media.That should put your video in Project Assets as well as on the Timeline.

b. If you have your files saved to the computer hard drive, then use Add Media/Files and Folders to get you video into Premiere Elements Project Assets from where you drag your video to the Timeline.

Either way, do you see an orange line over the Timeline content (I am not talking about the orange line that runs horizontally through the clip). Hit the Enter key. Does the Timeline content play back in the Edit area monitor or does a Render dialog pop up? What does the playback look like and sound like in either case? Is anything improved at this point from what you were getting before?

If same as same as with the above, there would be series of questions about your computer environment.

We look forward to your results if you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR