2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 12:21 AM by DBLjan

[AS] replace fonts by script or change default font of "Replace font"-dialog (Minion)

DBLjan Level 2

Hello again,

we are in the process of switching our ci-font to Myriad. Lots of documents will be changed in future, not by batch, but time after time by hand.

I want to enhance my workflow a bit, keeping the steps towards this small.

My 2 ideas are this:

I need a AS-script, which changes our previous fonts Futura and Frutiger to the new upon execution. I would guess, there allready is a script for this. I would need that in AppleScript, to make our adjustments. I should be able to expand the list for the different styles of one font.

Futura ND Book » Myriad Pro Regular

Futura ND demibold » Myriad Pro Semibold

Fritiger Next Pro Light Condesed » Myriad Pro Light Condesed

If I understand the syntax of the script, i would add every font-style and the replacement.

My second idea:

To keep steps few, is there a way to ged rid of the default-font Minion in the "Replace font"-menu, that I only have to do the different styles but InD by default has Myriad in there?

Bildschirmfoto 2014-04-02 um 13.11.01.png

Any suggestions would be great!

• 1. Re: [AS] replace fonts by script or change default font of "Replace font"-dialog (Minion)
          Ronald63 Level 4

Hi,

I wrote this script there a few years, I hope this can help you

set myMissingDocFonts to {}

set myInddFonts to {}

set myOldTID to text item delimiters

set text item delimiters to tab

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS5"

activate

tell document 1

try

set myMissingDocFonts to get name of fonts whose status ≠ installed

end try

set myLen to length of myMissingDocFonts

end tell

set myInddFonts to get name of fonts

if myLen = 0 then

set myFonts to myInddFonts

else if myLen = 1 then

set myFonts to {":::Police absente:::"} & myMissingDocFonts & {":::Polices disponibles:::"} & myInddFonts

else

set myFonts to {":::Polices absentes:::"} & myMissingDocFonts & {":::Polices disponibles:::"} & myInddFonts

end if

try

set myDialog to make dialog with properties {name:":::Polices dans les feuilles de styles de " & name of document 1 & ":::"}

on error

display dialog "Veuillez ouvrir un document." with icon 2

return 0

end try

tell myDialog

tell (make dialog column)

tell (make border panel)

tell (make dialog row)

make static text with properties {static label:"Rechercher:", min width:100}

make static text with properties {static label:"Remplacer par:", min width:100}

end tell

set SearchFontDialog to make dropdown with properties {string list:myFonts, selected index:0}

set ReplaceFontDialog to make dropdown with properties {string list:myInddFonts, selected index:0}

end tell

end tell

tell (make dialog row)

make static text with properties {static label:"", min width:100}

make static text with properties {static label:"", min width:100}

end tell

set ParagraphStyleDialog to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Styles de paragraphes", checked state:true, min width:45}

set CharacterStyleDialog to make checkbox control with properties {static label:"Styles de caractères", checked state:true, min width:45}

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

end tell

set myResult to show myDialog

if myResult then

tell document 1

set allParagraphStyle to every paragraph style

set allCharacterStyle to every character style

if checked state of ParagraphStyleDialog then

repeat with aParagraphStyle in allParagraphStyle

if name of applied font of aParagraphStyle = item ((selected index of SearchFontDialog) + 1) of myFonts then

set applied font of aParagraphStyle to item ((selected index of ReplaceFontDialog) + 1) of myInddFonts

end if

end repeat

end if

if checked state of CharacterStyleDialog then

set mySearchFont to text items of item ((selected index of SearchFontDialog) + 1) of myFonts

set myReplaceFont to text items of item ((selected index of ReplaceFontDialog) + 1) of myInddFonts

repeat with aCharacterStyle in allCharacterStyle

if applied font of aCharacterStyle = (item 1 of mySearchFont) and font style of aCharacterStyle = (item 2 of mySearchFont) then

set applied font of aCharacterStyle to item 1 of myReplaceFont

set font style of aCharacterStyle to item 2 of myReplaceFont

end if

end repeat

end if

end tell

end if

destroy myDialog

end tell

set text item delimiters to myOldTID

Regards

• 2. Re: [AS] replace fonts by script or change default font of "Replace font"-dialog (Minion)
            DBLjan Level 2

Well, thank you for your answer, this was helpful and I tried to make it work for me, but I couldnt…then I stumbled upon an other thread, and worked it around to this:

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS5.5"

activate

if not (exists active document) then

display dialog "Kein Dokument geöffnet." buttons {"Hmpf."} default button 1 with icon 2

else

set user interaction level of script preferences to never interact

-- Suchabfragen speichern

set oldFTP to properties of find text preferences

set oldCTP to properties of change text preferences

-- Wechsel

set find text preferences to nothing

set change text preferences to nothing

set properties of find text preferences to {applied font:"Futura ND", font style:"Bold"}

set properties of change text preferences to {applied font:"JaneAusten", font style:"NoSecret"}

change text

-- Suchabfragen wiederherstellen

set properties of find text preferences to oldFTP

set properties of change text preferences to oldCTP

set user interaction level of script preferences to interact with all

end if

end tell

Now I can add a whole bunch of converts for every font style. JaneAusten was a obvoius test, but it works.