6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 9:44 AM by JeanneCisme

Help with respondents submitting surveys

JeanneCisme

I am using the trial version, but have had multiple respondents report they hit the submit button, but their surveys do not come through.  I know that in the trial they do not receive a confirmation submitted reply, but even with them emailing me separately to say they did it, I do not see their replys.  Any suggestions? 

Though I like this product initially, if respondents end software or something else doesn't allow them to work with this survey EASILY, it's not worth it. 

Thanks,
      Jeanne

• 1. Re: Help with respondents submitting surveys
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

A few questions and clarifications.

How are you distributing the form?  A web link or a PDF?  What are the respondants using to fill out and submit the form?  Are they recieving a confirmation message that the form was submitted?  Have you tested the form yourself to see it works and to see what the filling and submitting experience should be like?

The form filling and submitting of the web form is easy and intiutive and works in almost all cases, althought there are unique cases here and there which we always investigate.

You said the "trial version" which I would take to mean you signed up for the one month free (or 99 cents) of the "Basic" subscription plan.  If you do have the trial of the Basic plan you have access to all of the features including the Email Receipt and Email Notifications.  You could also mean that you have a trial of Adobe Acrobat which has a FormsCentral Desktop application included, let me know if that is what you meant.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Help with respondents submitting surveys
            JeanneCisme Level 1

Thanks, Josh.  Yes, I have a trial of Adobe Acrobat which has a FormsCentral Desktop application included. My understanding is this “trial” version doesn’t provide the email confirmation after “submit” which is fine for now. However, I have tried it and also received other responses correctly. Some of my clients report filling the form out and clicking on submit (nothing happens in either case), but only some of the forms get submitted and are able to be viewed when I open up form central and look for new responses. 

I have sent the form out in all cases as a web link and some folks are able to submit and some not.  Appreciate your assistance!

Jeanne Clapper

• 3. Re: Help with respondents submitting surveys

Hi;

This comparison sheet will tell you more about what you can do with Acrobat and FormsCentral at the various subscription levels.  https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/landing/axifcpricing.html?promoid=KEURI&accntlvl=b sc

Basically Acrobat gives you the ability to create unlimited "offline" PDFs, PDFs that do not use FormsCentral to collect the responses, collecting responses using FormsCentral is based on the FormsCentral subscription level a user has.  So with the "Free" FormsCentral and Adobe Acrobat you can create one "online" form that collects responses.  It sounds like that is what you are doing and sent out a URL to the web version of the form, that should "just work".

Can you collect some details of what web browser and operating system the users were using who were unable to submit?  You said "nothing happens in either case", do you mean that you don't see a confirmation when you submit?  Can you share your form with me and we can investigate?  Share with jcorey@adobe.com and please include a reference to this Forum post so I know what we are looking for, instructions for sharing your form: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: Help with respondents submitting surveys
                JeanneCisme Level 1

Thanks, I sent you the form.  I was mistaken in that "nothing happens" and was confusing the confirmation message with confirmation email. However, those that have had trouble indicate that they do not receive any response when they click on "submit".  I will try to get info about their web browsers, but as difficult as it is to get responses to surveys, it is even more so to get help figuring out why they didn't work!

Thank you for your help. 

• 5. Re: Help with respondents submitting surveys

Hi;

The form is a PDF and not a web form.  It is an "Imported PDF", this feature allows you to collect and manage/analyze responses in FormsCentral but does not provide a web link to the form, and we strongly recommend against distributing it in a way that allows users to fill it out in a web browser.  The PDF should be downloaded and filled out using the Free Adobe Reader.  The issue in the web browsers with FormCentral PDFs is described in more detail here: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

This Tutorial: "Importing a Fillable PDF Form and Collecting Responses" should also be useful.

So the answer to why it is not working is described in the first FAQ about PDF in a web browser...  You'll want to post your PDF as a link to download the PDF with instructions for the user to fill it out using the Free Adobe Reader from get.adobe.com/reader/

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Help with respondents submitting surveys
                    JeanneCisme Level 1

Thank you very much for the explanation.  I should have read those FAQ's first .  I will review the information, but now understand why some worked and some didn't. 

Have a good day!

Jeanne