1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 7:00 AM by Rick Gerard

Parenting/3D issue

Aileen Poe Level 1

I am currently trying to parent a few pre compsitions together but encountered a problem re 3D.

To paint a better picture, its a vector animation that changes from disease cells to a star constellation. The pre-comps are individual cells that have their own activity, then I'm trying to link them to another pre-comp which draws lines between the circles that make up a constellation. When I parent the disease pre-comps to the latter, the constellation pre-comp moves on all the axis', but the disease pre-comps only parent on the Z axis, not the X and Y.

Any ideas why this would be and how I can fix it? I want to be able to rotate the constellation as if you are circling around it.

Thanks

Aileen

• 1. Re: Parenting/3D issue
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Without seeing your project I would say that you need to collapse transformations and have 3D set up properly in all of the pre-comps. This will let your main comp camera interact with the 3D layers inside the pre-comps.

If you can give us a screenshot showing your main comp with all properties revealed in all layers and you can give us a flow chart maybe we can figure it out without seeing the actual comp.