11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2016 2:39 PM by Szalam

Cinema 4d

scoot4839 Level 1

I want to play around with cineaware but in after affects cc it says i have missing files.  Then when i just try to open cinema 4d lite the application it wont do anything.  Please help

• 1. Re: Cinema 4d
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

OS down to the decimal point, version of AE down to the decimal point? More details? You have not given us enough info to even guess. What files missing? What error message? How are you accessing C4D because there is only one right way to do so from AE? Have you looked at any tutorials?

• 2. Re: Cinema 4d
            scoot4839 Level 1

So the message say exactly "No CINEMA 4D file detected Please add the effect to an imported CINEMA 4 D file, or create a new CINEMA 4D file in CINEMA 4D lite."  I just updated my after affects to its newist update so its at 12.5 i think??  But it is up to date.  I have looked at thousands of tutorials and have not found anything and i accesed c4d by going into my files then to local disk c then program files then going to adobe then by going to after affects cc then by going to support files then plug-ins then by going to Maxon cineware AE then going to cineware support then by going to lite then finally opening the application and nothing happened.

• 3. Re: Cinema 4d
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Something is blocking access to C4D lite. Check your virus scanner/ firewall or choose a different TCP port in the Cineware effect "Options".

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Cinema 4d
                scoot4839 Level 1

OK ill check my fire wall

• 5. Re: Cinema 4d

i accesed c4d by going into my files then to local disk c then program files then going to adobe then by going to after affects cc then by going to support files then plug-ins then by going to Maxon cineware AE then going to cineware support then by going to lite then finally opening the application and nothing happened

That is the most convoluted path to open a program that I could imagine. I can't imagine why you thought that would be normal.

If you looked at thousands of tutorials then you managed to find none that showed you how to open C4D from After Effects.

Screen Shot 2014-04-02 at 10.58.24 AM.png

You MUST start in AE and either import a c4d file and add it to the timeline or go to File>New>New Cinema 4D file. That is the only way C4D Lite works. Detailed tutorials and instructions are available by simply typing c4d in the Search AE Help field at the top right corner of AE. You'll get this:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?cat=support&term=c4d&loc=en_US&lr=en_US&prod uct=aftereffects

• 6. Re: Cinema 4d
                    scoot4839 Level 1

Ok but thats how you make a file in cinema 4d i just want to open it its not letting me

• 7. Re: Cinema 4d
                      scoot4839 Level 1

Ill tell you if it works right now im running a full system scan

• 8. Re: Cinema 4d

You are still not getting it. You have to run Cinema 4D light from inside AE. After effects must be running and you access Cinema 4D light from the Cineware where plug-in by pressing the show button.  You cannot open a Cinema 4D file by double clicking the filename, or by attempting to open Cinema 4D light outside of aftereffects. That is the way it works because of the licensing arrangement.

• 9. Re: Cinema 4d
                          scoot4839 Level 1

I will try that

• 10. Re: Cinema 4d
                            kjjlr Level 1

After latest update to After Effects, I get this notice:

CINEMA 4D version (16.038) does not match Resource folder version (16.028)!

Please reinstall CINEMA 4D correctly!

This is now happening after updating early February 2016.

Any ideas?

• 11. Re: Cinema 4d
                              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

kjjlr wrote:

After latest update to After Effects, I get this notice:

CINEMA 4D version (16.038) does not match Resource folder version (16.028)!

Please reinstall CINEMA 4D correctly!

This is now happening after updating early February 2016.

Any ideas?

Uninstall 13.7
                              Check for this folder and delete it:
                              C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2015\Support Files\Plug-ins\MAXON CINEWARE AE
                              Re-install AE 13.7