6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 8:03 AM by Steve Grisetti

Rendering in Premier 12

MItch6149 Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to video editing.  I'm currently using Premier 12.  I edit my clips and render the entire file and save it.  When I reopen the file only half of my 20 minute timeline is rendered and then I'm forced to rerender the entire file even after I saved it to my desktop.  Is this normal or is there a work around?

I was also considering Premier Pro.  Is there much difference in Pro versus 12?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mitch

• 1. Re: Rendering in Premier 12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

1) This should not happen if you have the latest update for Premiere Elements 12 and the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.

2) Premiere Pro is professional level software and includes a number of professional features including the ability to edit multiple camera video and the ability to work with professional video formats. So it's a pretty huge difference -- but whether or not it's worth the extra money has to do with what model of camcorder your video is coming from, how advanced you need your video tools to be.

• 2. Re: Rendering in Premier 12
            MItch6149 Level 1

Thank you so much Steve.  I do not have the latest version of Quicktime so I will be sure to update that when I get home.

I bought a cheap camcorder by JVC 5 years ago prior to going on an Alaskan Cruise and that is the video footage I'm attempting to edit.  If heard JVC has a goofy file format.  I just now purchased a DSLR Canon 70D and I'm looking forward to shooting some video with that.  I will update my quicktime and see if that helps.

Does it make any difference that the JVC video clips are not in the Quicktime format?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Mitch

• 3. Re: Rendering in Premier 12
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't know if this will help, but I have one saved discussion of JVC Quicktime http://forums.adobe.com/thread/738982

• 4. Re: Rendering in Premier 12

Quicktime supplies some necessary components for Premiere Elements -- necessary whether or not the video you are editing is actually a Quicktime file or not.

• 5. Re: Rendering in Premier 12
                  MItch6149 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I tried updating Quicktime and Itunes but I have the same result.  Is there something else I can try or is this just the way Premier Elements 12 works?

I'm not sure of the JVC files extensions but all new video will be shot with my Canon 70d and I believe the ext for Canon is mov.  Maybe Premier will not have this rendering issue when working with file extensions ending in .mov?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mitch

• 6. Re: Rendering in Premier 12

Sorry, I don't know what to recommend, since I can't duplicate your issue.

Maybe another person on this forum has a suggestion for you.