• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having problem installing Flash, and Reader won't open files as in older version.

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything I know of to get Flash to install correctly. I've read all the FAQ and related info but nothing works. The downloaded file only shows 6mb when I check Control Panel in Windows and the file is almost 3 times that size.

Also, Reader will not open files the way my older version did. I can't open by clicking on the file anymore and have to 'Save As' in order to read by utility bills. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

My system 32 bits, running Windows 7 with a Pentium 4 CPU @ 3.2ghz. and 2.50GB memory.

With Flash the 'Error 1772' message has appeared - 'A program  run as part of the setup DID NOT FINISH as expected' Contact administrator.  I am the Administrator (my home system), that is why I'm inquiring as to the what the problem is and how I might correct it and get BOTH of these products to run as advertised.  HELP!!

I have made adjustments to Internet Explorer etc. as per instructions on your FAQ section. No help!

I would appreciate a solution to my dilemma, as I am about out of ideas as to where to go. So help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

History14 wrote:

I've tried everything I know of to get Flash to install correctly. I've read all the FAQ and related info but nothing works. The downloaded file only shows 6mb when I check Control Panel in Windows and the file is almost 3 times that size.

The FULL installer is 18mb (Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer))

Once installed it's between 51 and 114mb depending whether you have a 32 or 64 bit system. The Control Panel shows ONLY a certain few files that actually install. It's always been that way.

Also, Reader will not open files the way my older version did. I can't open by clicking on the file anymore and have to 'Save As' in order to read by utility bills. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

This is purely a browser setting. See: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/display-pdf-browser-acrobat-xi.html

With Flash the 'Error 1772' message has appeared - 'A program  run as part of the setup DID NOT FINISH as expected' Contact administrator.  I am the Administrator (my home system), that is why I'm inquiring as to the what the problem is and how I might correct it and get BOTH of these products to run as advertised.  HELP!!

See: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846 for instructions to perform a "clean install".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines