2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2007 5:44 PM by cpgenius

slideshows with dissolve

dnorth
      Hi I'm very new to Flash and have version 7.2, but I'll have flash CS3 very soon. What I'm trying to do is put a slide show into an existing HTML page that is XHTML transitional and uses CSS styles for design and positioning (no tables). What I want to do is have a slideshow of 6 different jpg's about 500x340pixels (all the same dimensions). I want them to play automatically on the homepage only, no forward or backward arrows, and I want a nice dissolve between images. Can someone please point me in the right direction? If there's an easier way to do it with a good extension or plug-in, I don't mind spending up to $100 to come out with a nice slideshow that is easy to create. All suggestions very welcome and appreciated. thanks, Deborah
        • 1. Re: slideshows with dissolve
          2m Level 2
          Hi Deborah,

There are two things you need to do, first you need to build (or buy) a flash, that does the slide-show, and then you have to place it in the page.
          Both things aren't to complicate, but as always that is, if you know where to start at all. I'd guess that you can find a flash slide-show template at iStockphoto for about 5 dollars, or even find some for free. Photoshop for example has build in Flash slide-shows, that might do the trick.
          Placing it in the Page can be done with dreamweaver and most other HTML-editors, but you will also find a lot of info here. If you want to do it "advanced", google "swfObject" but that might be not for now.

I hope that pointed you in the right direction.

M
          • 2. Re: slideshows with dissolve
            cpgenius
            Save your money.

Go to http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/xml_slideshow.htm to follow along with a tutorial that will give you precisely what you need (assuming you have SOME experience working in Flash). It even comes with the source file, so all you really would need to do is modify the look of it which would require little effort. Then it's just a matter of changing the source of the images in the XML file to the where you have them and voila.

If you need more help, feel free to post here with more questions or you can email me jadedchron@gmail.com and I'll be happy to help.