4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2007 4:01 PM by JoeDaSilva

Trouble with background?

JND1993 Level 1
      Hi,
      Thanks for any help or suggestions that you can give me. The trouble I'm having is at times I can make a background using fireworks MX with No trouble, then other times I make the background "like now" and when I use it for a background you can see where the size of the image begins and ends so its as though your seeing the same background multiple times. Is there away to save an image to use as a background so that this will not happen?

Jill
        • 1. Re: Trouble with background?
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Are you using Dreamweaver, or trying to create a pattern in Fireworks? Can you elaborate on the process you're using?
          • 2. Re: Trouble with background?
            JND1993 Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: JoeyD1978
            Are you using Dreamweaver, or trying to create a pattern in Fireworks? Can you elaborate on the process you're using?

Hi Joey,
            Im using Fireworks MX as I said above and then im exporting the image to dreamweaver. The background im working on at the moment is not solid. I wanted to make one to match my heading as im inserting it into a stretch table or CSS layout..

The trouble I'm having is the background looks fine in Fireworks but when I use it in dreamweaver you can see the seams every few pixels.

Hope that helps to explain.
            Jill
            • 3. Re: Trouble with background?
              abeall Level 3
              Jill,
              Sounds like you're having difficulties creating a seamless tile, which could be caused and solved many different ways. Can we see the PNG file?

You also might want to check your export settings and try a few different options. Try exporting to JPG or GIF set to "exact"(default is "adaptive"). You might even try exporting as a PNG 24.
              • 4. Re: Trouble with background?
                JoeDaSilva Level 4
                Yeah you probably have to engineer your background image differently to get it to align correctly in dreamweaver. Do you have the html online somewhere?