2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 11:18 AM by A.T. Romano

adobe premier elements 12 will not open.

lorenzochetty

Hi

My Adobe Premier Elements 12 will not open.

It did open about 12 hours ago when I was busy working on video edits. Then I closed it, went to sleep and got up in the morning to carry on editing - bt it wont open anymore. There are no error messages coming up.

I double clicked on the icon on my desks top, as well as tried oeping it from the start menu - same responce - nothing happens.

what can the problem be ?

If I uninstall and then reinstall - will this affect any of my videos that I am editing but have not rendered or saved yet ?

thanks - I need help urgently.

LorenzoChetty

• 1. Re: adobe premier elements 12 will not open.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Lorenzochetty,

Welcome to the forum.

As one of the main reasons for PrE to not launch is the video driver (more on that in a moment), can you provide us with some details, please?

• What OS version are you running PrE 12 on?
          • What is the make and model of your video card/chip (GPU)?
          • What is the installed version of the video driver?
          • Is that the latest from the nVidia, or AMD/ATI Web site?

• Also, what anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-anything software are you running?

If you are on Windows, and have Windows updates set to Automatic (the default), then a simple OS Update can render the video driver obsolete.

Good luck, and let us know more please.

Hunt

• 2. Re: adobe premier elements 12 will not open.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

lorenzochetty

Was the project that opened 12 hours ago your very first project with Premiere Elements 12 or were there others before it? If others, how many and how long ago? What computer operating system is Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Assuming that you are working on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, if you go to Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0, in the 12.0 Folder, do you find any project.prel file(s) there (these .prel file (s) are not in any folders in the 12.0 Folder, but just a file in the 12.0 Folder....they would represent the projects that you have successfully saved and that exist.)

With the basic information, we can best suggest troubleshooting strategy.

Thanks.

ATR