3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2007 12:59 PM by pixlor

Fireworks Extensions and Vista

pixlor Level 4
      In coming here one day, I spotted a link to the kuler extension for Fireworks CS3. I tried it, but couldn't get it to work. I had double-clicked on the extension package and the Extension Manager showed it as being installed, but it didn't show up in Fireworks anywhere. It's apparently a quirk of Vista. Rolinstone posted the solution on the: Fireworks CS3 kuler Extension Blog

I followed Rolinstone's advice: I navigated to the folder with the Extension Manager .exe, right-clicked on it, and selected "Run as administrator." For me, the kuler extension showed as installed, but disabled. I checked the check box, started Fireworks, and there it was. I think, if I want to install any other extensions, I will run the Extension Manager as administrator from the beginning.

Now, I'm looking forward to experimenting with the kuler extension!

cheers!
        • 1. Re: Fireworks Extensions and Vista
          Level 7
          pixlor,

I really like the extension but wish I could login to my kuler account
          from it.
          Thanks for the link!

alex

pixlor wrote:
          > In coming here one day, I spotted a link to the kuler extension for Fireworks
          > CS3. I tried it, but couldn't get it to work. I had double-clicked on the
          > extension package and the Extension Manager showed it as being installed, but
          > it didn't show up in Fireworks anywhere. It's apparently a quirk of Vista.
          > Rolinstone posted the solution on the:
          > http://pixelfumes.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-fireworks-cs3-kuler-panel.html
          >
          > I followed Rolinstone's advice: I navigated to the folder with the Extension
          > Manager .exe, right-clicked on it, and selected "Run as administrator." For me,
          > the kuler extension showed as installed, but disabled. I checked the check box,
          > started Fireworks, and there it was. I think, if I want to install any other
          > extensions, I will run the Extension Manager as administrator from the
          > beginning.
          >
          > Now, I'm looking forward to experimenting with the kuler extension!
          >
          > cheers!
          >
          >
          • 2. Re: Fireworks Extensions and Vista
            Level 7
            It's great, I love it :-)

Peter
            Fireworks
            | CS3. I tried it, but couldn't get it to work. I had double-clicked on the
            | extension package and the Extension Manager showed it as being installed,
            but
            | it didn't show up in Fireworks anywhere. It's apparently a quirk of Vista.
            | Rolinstone posted the solution on the:
            |
            http://pixelfumes.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-fireworks-cs3-kuler-panel.html
            |
            | I followed Rolinstone's advice: I navigated to the folder with the
            Extension
            | Manager .exe, right-clicked on it, and selected "Run as administrator."
            For me,
            | the kuler extension showed as installed, but disabled. I checked the check
            box,
            | started Fireworks, and there it was. I think, if I want to install any
            other
            | extensions, I will run the Extension Manager as administrator from the
            | beginning.
            |
            | Now, I'm looking forward to experimenting with the kuler extension!
            |
            | cheers!
            |
            |

• 3. Re: Fireworks Extensions and Vista
              pixlor Level 4
              quote:

Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
              I really like the extension but wish I could login to my kuler account
              from it.

Yeah...me too! I also would like it if I could resize the extension to see more swatches, but that sort of request belongs on the creator's blog.
              I think I'll play with it a while, first.

Anyway, I'm really glad Rolinstone found the solution to extensions on Vista!