3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2014 2:33 PM by Peter Spier

InDesign Cc won't save files

Ted Dysart

InDesign CC will not save at all. Save and Save As are enabled, but I cannot save due to an error "The file DBTmp (followed by a long number) is damaged. I cannot export to IDML due to a background error. Please help.

• 1. Re: InDesign Cc won't save files
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You're probably cooked at this point. Can you copy the text to a new file? Move pages?

The very last resort, when you've run out of any other constructive things to try, is to force quit and restart ID and pray that the auto-recovery works, but with a DBTemp error it probably won't.

• 2. Re: InDesign Cc won't save files
            Ted Dysart Level 1

Thanks, Peter. Actually, I tried to save a file as a new document before working on it so I had a new version. Then I opened a new blank file and tried to save that. InDesign won't save any file anywhere on my drive, or my network drive. I'm on Lion on a brand new Mac Pro. I did the migration, so all my InDesign documents are from CS 5.5 produced on my old Mac Pro. I removed the old Suite entirely, after downloading the Cloud software. Since I cannot re-install using our old DVDs, how can I go back to CS5.5?

• 3. Re: InDesign Cc won't save files
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Ted Dysart wrote:

I did the migration, so all my InDesign documents are from CS 5.5 produced on my old Mac Pro.

This is probably the root of the problem. Adobe apps don't migrate.

You can uninstall CC and try reinstalling that, and you can get the installer for CS5 from https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install.html