5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2014 9:17 AM by A.T. Romano

Spinning Starburst effect

berndtsteve

I am using this to make a video, and I am trying to create a spinning starburst effect behind another video. I have the starburst picture made, but is it possible to have the image do a 360 degrees spin while video is playing?

• 1. Re: Spinning Starburst effect
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can certainly keyframe an animation for your spinning by opening the clip in the Applied Effects panel, opening the Motion properties and creating keyframes for the beginng and end of the rotation.

How specifically you do all of this depends on which version of the program you have and how much you understand the process of keyframing animations.

• 2. Re: Spinning Starburst effect
            A.T. Romano Level 7

berndtsteve

Keyframing of the Rotation property of Premiere Elements can achieve the effect of 1 or up to about 91 rotations of 360 degrees.

Please review by description of Motion Rotation in the following

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/03/pe-rubberband-options-detailed.html

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Spinning Starburst effect
              berndtsteve Level 1

I have read the attached article, but could you possibly explain how this would work. I am not very technelogical, and could really use help because I think this would be an awesome effect to have. If you could describe step to step what to do, I would be so appreciative.

• 4. Re: Spinning Starburst effect
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve Grisetti has a good tutorial on Basic Keyframing in PrE, available at Muvipix: http://muvipix.com/products.php (it's Elements #9 Keyframing 101, so scroll down to it).

That would be a good start with background on what Keyframes can be used for.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Spinning Starburst effect
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

bernadtsteve

I did not see where you mentioned the version of Premiere Elements that you are using or the computer operating system on which it is running. So, for the details I will go with Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Way 1 - Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel Expanded and the Rotation option there.....

1. Starburst clip on Video 2 - click on it to select/hightlight it.

Timeline Indication at the start of the clip.

2. Then with clip selected, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel Expanded and Rotation.

Rotation.JPG

a. Click on the Show/Hide Keyframe Controls Icon so that you can see the two section view of the Motion Panel Expanded and the keyframes that will be set.

b. With 0.0 for the start set for Rotation (no rotation), click on the Toggle Animation Icon to initiate the keyframing process.

c. Then move the Timeline Indicator to the last frame of the clip. If you only want one 360 degree rotation, then replace the 0.0 set with 1x0.0.

If you want 2 rotations of 360 degrees, then set for 2x0.0 and so on. You can do the set by typing in the value or just waving the mouse cursor over the digits to the right (for clockwise) and to the left (for counterclockwise). See the blog posts for min and max set.

d. Render the Timeline content and decide what that looks like.

We can also do this at the rubberband level. Please try the above first. If you want, I will customize the details of the blog post further for the rubberband way.

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR