1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 5, 2014 3:53 AM by Bob Howes RSS

I hope to use Audition to add verbal instruction onto some exercise videos I've uploaded on Premiere

feliponegromas

I hope to use Audition to add verbal instruction onto some exercise videos I've uploaded on Premiere Pro - still working out the software so if you can help, please can you explain in simple terms.  Thanks so much.

• 1. Re: I hope to use Audition to add verbal instruction onto some exercise videos I've uploaded on Premiere
          Bob Howes Community Member

We need more more info for a detailed answer but the basic reply is "Yes".

You will need a microphone and some form of audio interface (to plug the mic into the computer--built in sound cards and the included jacks are often not suitable for anything more than a gamer's mic).

Export your Premiere Pro Project (Edit/Edit in Audition).  This'll take your video and existing audio across to Audition.

Create a new track in Multitrack View, enable that for recording, route your mic/interface to that track then play the existing stuff to watch/listen to while your record your comments.

When done you can either mix it in Audition or send all the stems back to Premier Pro--I usually mix in Audition but that's just because I now it better.

I realise this is a very simplistic summary but you'll need to read up (or watch training videos) to get all the details.