4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2014 1:18 PM by John T Smith

bluray burner

newby17

I want to burn to a bd-r bluray disc for hd--says i have no burners--i have nero as my burner and it works for regular DVDs--what can i do?

• 1. Re: bluray burner
          A.T. Romano Level 7

newby17

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

Nero is a burn software, not a Blu-ray, DVD, CD burner.

Do you have any burner that is described as a Blu-ray DVD burner? I am trying to determine if your issue is

a. You do not have a Blu-ray burner

or

b. Your Blu-ray DVD burner is not being recognizd by the version of Premiere Elements that you have.

Your answers to the above will direct further troubleshooting details.

But, I would mention the following miscellaneous for you to think about:

a. You can burn to DVD in AVCHD format using a regular DVD burner. You do not need a Blu-ray burner for that. This choice could give you 1920 x 1080 16:9 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second on your DVD disc. Blu-ray player is needed for playback of this AVCHD on DVD. A run of the mill DVD player will not play it. Some computer players will. Disc capacity can be an issue depending on the size of the project.

b. To burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, you need Blu-ray burner, Blu-ray disc, and well as the Blu-ray burn software which would come with Premiere Elements. A standalone Blu-ray player, computer player that supported Blu-ray playback would also be needed.

Also, please review and consider the Phantom Burner in conjunction with Premiere Elements approach for a Blu-ray disc image.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

as well as my earlier write up on the Phantom Burner and Premiere Elements

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55009

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next. Please let me know if I have interpreted and targeted your question correctly.

Looking forward to your clarification and further details of you issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: bluray burner
            the_wine_snob Level 9

newby17,

Welcome to the forum.

Along with ATR's suggestions, and questions, there can be several reasons why PrE cannot recognize a multi-drive/burner. Some are related to other software "hooking" the multi-drive and reporting it as, perhaps a Removable Disk to the OS, fooling PrE. This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2542980#2542980

There are some modules in some versions of Nero and Roxio, that can cause such issues.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: bluray burner
              A.T. Romano Level 7

newby17

The answers if to be gotten will be in the details.

At this point, we are not clear on the basics of your issue.

We do not know if your problem is Premiere Elements 12 not recognizing your Blu-ray DVD burner or whether or not you have a Blu-ray DVD burner at all at this time.

Burner not being  recogized by Premiere Elements as well as Media Not Detected (Premiere Elements) are two issues whose causes often go unresolved. But we do not accept unresolvable until we have defined the problem and work through all possible troubleshooting routines.

ATR

• 4. Re: bluray burner
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please go to Windows Control Panel

Click Hardware and Sound

Click Device Manager

Click the + to the left of DVD/CD drive

Post the exact brand and model of the drive you have