Expand my Community achievements bar.

How many subforms can a LiveCycle Designer form have, and can at least half of that number be repeat

Level 1

Hello,

Here's my question:  How many subforms can a LiveCycle Designer form have, and can at least half of that number be repeating subforms?

I have a very large dynamic form that I've divided up into sections using subforms. The problem is that there are at least (all necessary) 70+ subforms. At least 2 of them are repeating subfomrs within subforms. I have 3 master pages, all have subforms on them; some of the subforms have subforms within subforms within subforms. I seem to have run into a memory issue. For example, I have a check box that makes two subforms visible when checked--each on a different master page. The checkbox opens the subform that is on the same page as it's located, but not the one on a different master page. When I move the subform that's not working to the same master page as the one that's working--no problem.  It works like it's supposed to work.

I have several checkboxes that open subforms on different master pages--they all work, but not this last subform that I added to the form. Is it a memory issue, or does LiveCycle Designer limit the number of subforms a form can have?  I haven't done anything different with the code, meaning I basically set the code to make a subform visible when the user clicks a checkbox, and hide it when the box is unchecked.

Should I be using subform sets?  I've been working with LiveCycle Designer for a couple of years now, and have some experience with JavaScript and FormCalc, but I'm still learning.  I guess my next move is to learn about subform sets, but I've run into this issue before with another form I developed, only that time I was using way less subforms.

Any help is appreciated!!!

0 Replies