1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 5, 2014 12:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements11 QUE: Why does only the audio-portion transfer to timeline when I drag a video file down.

Elements11DRC

Elements11 - 1st time user

When I drag a known good video file from the "My Videos" Folder on my laptops disk down to the "Drag Here" box in my project Timeline, only the audio portion transfers NOT the video.

I am trying to create an "Instant Movie" after watching a youtube video on the subject.

The end goal is to combine portions of three video clips into one for my sons school project.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Elements11 QUE: Why does only the audio-portion transfer to timeline when I drag a video file down.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Elements11DRC

What version of Premiere Elements are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

Can we assume by your selected ID, that the program is Premiere Elements 11?

Pending further details, I will assume that you are working with Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Where is this "My Videos" Folder - on a DVD disc being used as a DataDisc for video storage purposes?

If so, Add Media/DVD Camera or Computer Drive/Video Importer and from there automatically into the project in Project Assets as well as on the Timeline.

If your "My Videos" Folder is a folder on the computer hard drive, then Add Media/Files and Folders to get the video into Project Assets from where you drag the video to the Timeline.

Now for the video that you are trying to import...what are its properties

Video Compression

Audio Compression

Frame Size

Frame Rate

Interlaced or Progressive

File Extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Probably answered the easiest by knowing the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video.

Prime interest, that video compression. It could be MotionJPEG which can be problematic for Premiere Elements. It could be AVCHD.avi which cannot be imported.

We can go into greater detail on your project details once we rule in or out any of the factors mentioned above.

By the way, what is the destination for this project....burn to disc DVD or Blu-ray...export to file saved to the computer hard drive...other?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR