4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2014 9:37 AM by flyfisher200

Rasterized Type

flyfisher200

I appear to be forced to deal with rasterizing type in my image captions. Does anyone have a suggestion for a typeface that best survives rasterization?

Paul

• 1. Re: Rasterized Type
          pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Hi Paul,

What I understand from your query is that you are forced to rasterize image captions. This may be because you are using versions earlier than 9.2.1.  In those versions, objects if grouped did not used to maintain their position and used to appear a separate objects one after the other and the only option was to rasterize the group in such cases.

I did not understand the second part- typeface that survives rasterisation. Please elaborate this further so that I can answer this part.

Regards,

Pooja

InDesign Engineering

• 2. Re: Rasterized Type
            flyfisher200 Level 1

Hi Pooja,

No, I'm using CC. I grouped inline anchored images and captions in a book (project began in CS6). Now (CC) when exporting to epub the caption text is rasterized and so becomes very difficult to read. Since there is no easy way to ungroup these objects, I'm looking for a typeface that will best survive the rasterization.

Paul

• 3. Re: Rasterized Type
              pooja2087 Adobe Employee

Please select the group and open Object Export Options dialog. I think you had set Custom Rasterization for these groups from here. In CC, inline groups did not use to rasterize automatically until set. This was a change in 9.2.1 that inline groups get rasterized by default.

By CC, you mean version 9.0 is the one that you are using? You can get the version from Help>About  InDesign.

Regards,

Pooja

• 4. Re: Rasterized Type
                flyfisher200 Level 1

Thank you for your time. I am using 9.2.1, however the problem was solved by changing the anchored object groups from inline to above line (thanks to Douglas Waterfall). Now the type isn't rasterized.

Paul