3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2014 8:45 AM by bogiesan

Best Adobe products for creating slick video tutorials?

Aqtify5

Hi Adobe community,

I'd like to create sports instruction video tutorials.

I want them to look professional, and have classy-looking animated graphics. I'd think After Effects would be the programme I'm after, but if not, what would be the most effective product(s) to achieve this.This video perfectly illustrates the animated graphics I have in mind: http://youtu.be/5HLW2AI1Ink

Thanks

• 1. Re: Best Adobe products for creating slick video tutorials?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

After Effects would be used to create the shots with the graphic elements composited over them, Premier Pro would be used to edit your videos. Classy, entertaining, informative, well produce tutorials require a host of production skills including great writing, great preproduction planning, great music, great photography, great direction, and a lot of other creative skills.

Adobe products are just one of the tools in your toolbelt. After Effects has a steep learning curve, Premier Pro not so much, producing videos on the level of your example requires a great deal of talent. The choice of software is almost inconsequential.

• 2. Re: Best Adobe products for creating slick video tutorials?
            Aqtify5 Level 1

Thanks Rick,

I guess I better start working on my After Effects skills. Would I also be able to create those graphic elements in AE?

• 3. Re: Best Adobe products for creating slick video tutorials?
              bogiesan Level 4

Aqtify5 wrote:

Thanks Rick,I guess I better start working on my After Effects skills. Would I also be able to create those graphic elements in AE?

Creating them is relatively simple after you understand how to use After Effects. Designing superb graphics is far more difficult. That speedo clip probably took three days and a crew of twenty to shoot it with four cameras controlled by skilled photographers. It took weeks to design and previz. It took weeks to post.

As Rick says, the toys and the tools are just what allow you to realize your vision. The vision is not so easy. Learning to use the tools and toys is not so easy. Take riding a bicycle. Once you've learned the basics of balance and shifting and braking, you can start to think about racing BMX, jumping and inverted aerials, road racing, touring, mountain biking or serious commuting.