8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2014 11:28 AM by the_wine_snob

Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12

LifeafterGE

I have researched far and wide. " Error Encountered writing file(s)B:\Users\Peter\pse12\My Catalog 1 1\catalog.pse12db"

This was happening also with PSE 11, so I purchased PSE12, same error.  This is a clean install, on a month old PC, Win 8.1, i5 3.4Ghz 8GB MSI Mobo z87g45.

Back up progress bar box opens, but remains a white space until the error message comes up around a minute later.

I have tried everything on Elements Help "Troubleshooting catalog backup, upgrade..."  Getting frustrated.  Help Please.

• 1. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If PSE is Photoshop Elements, you are in the wrong forum

Photoshop Elements Forum http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

• 2. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
            A.T. Romano Level 7

LifeafterGE

You have posted in the wrong forum if your program is Photoshop Elements (any version). You have posted in the Premiere Elements Forum whose focus is video editing. But, it does come with Elements Organizer which does carry with it the considerations of backing up the Elements Organizer catelog.

Nonetheless, the Photoshop Elements users are great resources on this topic.

So, either repost your question in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or wait for a moderator to see your thread here and then move it from here to there.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop_elements

I suspect that you will get a lot of replies in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum. If not, I will put on my Photoshop Elements hat and look into your issue after we exchange information on how and what of your backup. Curious...in Elements Organizer 12, are you trying to backup a catelog which is an Elements Organizer 11 catelog converted in Elements Organizer 12?

I will be watching for your progress there.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
              LifeafterGE Level 1

Dear ATR,

Thank you for that.  I will wait and see if someone will transfer it, or do it myself tomorrow when I have the time.

To answer your question, this is about organiser, for sure.

I have moved my PSE11 library from a Win 7 machine, which I am phasing out, but which still has copies too, to a new Win8.1 machine.

I tried to install PSE 11 and the catalog, on the new one, and i got the backup warning I am getting now.  Wondering if there was a compatibility issue, I decided to buy PSE12, do a clean install on the new PC, and not upgrade from PSE11.  Probably a mistake.

Then I installed the catalog from the older computer, after doing a Full backup.  And, Yes, it went though the conversion process from 11 to 12 automatically.

Still getting the same error on attempting to back up, although updated for new version of PSE, file locations, etc.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Peter

• 4. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
                LifeafterGE Level 1

Thank you ATR, i have now posted this to PSE forum, re-written so hopefully more clear (albeit longer:-)

Frankly, all other things being equal, if i can solve this problem for both 11 and 12, i might want my money back on 12.  If it comes to that, who would I take that up with?

Best

Peter

• 5. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Peter

Thanks for the reply.

Adobe is strict about its "within 30 days from purchase" money back so best act in accord to maintain your rights in the matter.

If you purchased the product from Adobe, you should be able to handle such refund/exchange with Adobe via its Adobe Chat. Click on the following link, and, when the page opens, click on the "Still Need Help? Contact Us." statement to bring up the Adobe Chat to work out the details on topic "Orders, Refunds, Exchanges".

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exc hanges

If you purchased from other than Adobe, you probably will need to go back to the place of purchase for refunds. You could still check with Adobe to confirm that.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
                    LifeafterGE Level 1

Thanks very much, I bought it direct by download.

Hoping for a good solution either way.

Best regards

Peter

Sent from my iPad

• 7. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
                      LifeafterGE Level 1

Dear ATR,

I am flummoxed by this situation.

No response to my post since yours..

Call phone number on my invoice for PSE12 results in one hang up during transfer to the right department, and one nice fellow who promised to forward me a link that he thought would help, (confirmed my email address), which he never sent!!!!

The latter advised me that any further help will cost $39.

What on earth is going on at Adobe?  Do you have any contacts there?

Thank you

Peter

• 8. Re: Help please, getting error on backup of PSE 12
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Peter,

As this is a PsE question, and as you have posted to that forum, I will Lock this thread, so that all discussions can continue in the PsE Forum. Neale has asked a question, in that thread, to which you replied. I have another question, that I just posted to the thread.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Thread Locked]