11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 6:46 AM by Joshua L RSS

Intro Pic Help

Zeifly Community Member

Hey. so I have a photo that I want to use as an intro to my movie and I want to make it start out tiny and then zoom in really fast. For example, The movie would start out and it would be a black screen.

Shot005 (2).png

Then a picture appears to grow out of the black and keeps getting bigger and bigger until it gets about this big.

Shot006.png

Then the actual video begins. How would I go about doing this?

• 1. Re: Intro Pic Help
          A.T. Romano Community Member

Zeifly

Lots of ways.

Give this way a try and then we can fine tune or go on to alternate routes.

Highlight select your photo on the Timeline.

Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded with its Scale property, check mark next to Constrain Proportions so that Width and Height scale together.

Timeline Indicator at beginning of photo. Scale set at 0%.

Hit the Toggle Animation button.

Move the Timeline Indicator to the last frame of the photo. Set Scale at 100%.

Render to get best possible Preview of the effect in the Edit area monitor.

If you need supplemental information on the above, I will post screenshots of the Motion Panel expanded and the maneuvers there.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Intro Pic Help
            Steve Grisetti MVP

You would keyframe animation for Motion/Scale.

Do you understand how to keyframe animation and do you know how to access the Motion/Scale properties?

• 3. Re: Intro Pic Help
              Zeifly Community Member

I know how to access Motion/Scale properties but what is keyframing?

• 4. Re: Intro Pic Help

Zeifly

Keyframing is varying a property, such as Scale, Position, Rotation, Opacity, Volume, various Effects for example, so that the property varies across the duration of a clip rather than the property being applied the same across the clip duration.

That is what I gave you a starter example of in post 1. Did you try that yet?

ATR

• 5. Re: Intro Pic Help
                  Zeifly Community Member

Yes I followed your instructions but it didn't work it just setts the whole picture to 100%

• 6. Re: Intro Pic Help
                    Steve Grisetti MVP

That means that you changed the scale but did not activate keyframing.

• 7. Re: Intro Pic Help

Zeifly

I think you may have bypassed an instruction. I will be back within the hour with some screenshots, unless you have figured out what went wrong.

More coming.

ATR

• 8. Re: Intro Pic Help

Zeifly

Let us see if we can get this to work for you, with your image going from not seen to 100% scale.

1st-Figure.jpg

The five initial steps are represented in the first screenshot. After you have gone through all five steps, the first Scale Keyframe will have been set, and you will have a black screen @ Scale 0%.

next-.jpg

This second screenshot is just taking a look at what we have after we have initiated the keyframing scheme by hitting the Toggle Animation after going through the steps cited. Note the keyframing area has two sections. The one at the right lets you see the set keyframes there. To reveal that second section, you hit the Show/Hide Keyframe Controls icon as shown in this second screenshot.

Now for the 2nd and final keyframe for this example.

Next, move the Timeline Indicator to the last frame of the clip on the Timeline.

Change the Scale setting from 0% to 100%.

Render the Timeline and take a look at the basic effect.

2nd-Keyframe.jpg

If you want to the Scale keyframes represented at the Timeline level, right click the file, select Show Clip Keyframes/Motion/Scale, and you will see them represented as white dots of the orange line (rubberband) that runs through the inside of the clip.

Those white dots (Scale keyframes) on the clip rubberband allow you to make some Scale keyframe adjusts at the Timeline level.

Please review and consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Intro Pic Help
                          Joshua L Community Member

Zeifly,

Place the picture on the timeline and add "ZOOM" transition aligning to the start of the picture.

• 10. Re: Intro Pic Help

Joshua L

I tried your suggestion with a 5 second still placed at the beginning of the Timeline (Video 1) and a 1 second Zoom transition placed at the start of the still.

Zoom.JPG

It does work.

At first I thought that you were going with a transition used an effect by dragging the transition to cover the full duration of the still, but, when I took you at your description, I understood your intent.

ATR

• 11. Re: Intro Pic Help
                              Joshua L Community Member

ATR,

Good that you tried this and it worked for you.

Hope it has worked for Zeifly too